Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just never ends with this car...After work I go to my car as im pulling out of the parking lot I hear this brutal squealing noise as if my belt it slipping. Pulled over check tightness of both belts and there tight. I check power steering fluid level and its full...The noise only happens when im 3/4 to lock on either side. Are these early signs of a faulty power steering pump? If i rev the engine to 2000 RPM I can turn lock to lock no problem no noise.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Sounds just like a slightly loose or worn belt to me.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
could be a hardened belt. might be pump. might be bad switch in ps high pressure hard line ds behind valve cover. I just replaced my high pressure ps line with sean's ( 1funryd's ) ps reroute ss braided hose. I used a hard line from a junkyard lude and have same problem as you but have not tried replacing that sensor yet as online honda dealer or local stealership is only option. I did run the system on the ground without fluid for a little bit so it could be my pump or rack. That was to make sure I was bleeding the fluid from the correct hose. For fluid change which I have done twice. Only use honda ps fluid or aftermarket ps fluid that says on the bottle that it is made for hondas. Hondas are very sensitive to what fluid you use for ps fluid. I also replaced all the non pressure return hoses on the ps system. Not an easy task with no longer available hoses from honda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts