Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have been having some good luck with my car and have some ?s for you guys. Just wondering what gains you could get out of an h22 with these mods if anyone knows

Thanks

How much hp and tq have you got with light weight crank pully?

How much hp with stage two cams retainers springs etc and tune?

how much hp would you gain decent header

Are there any chips that actually do something??? if so how much can you gain from them???

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Not sure on the pully.

Stage 2 cams is very broad. Narrow it down.

What's a decent header? a JDM like the mugen or a custom one like an SMSP? I know the custom ones usually put down around 10whp on factory internal motors and the JDM ones usually put down like 5-8whp. But on a built motor, that's a completly different story.

Any tuner will tell you to never buy a "chip" with out tuning it to your specific motor. I'd never go cheap on a tune.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
hate to say it but if you google it will find all the answer... im sure the site itself has answered all of them w dyno proof... seek and u shall find...

·
Registered
786 Posts
ask motoxxxman, he'll probably chime in here anyways.

everything in completely set-up dependant and tune dependant. each part will yeild different results on each individual set-up.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Ok i have been having some good luck with my car and have some ?s for you guys. Just wondering what gains you could get out of an h22 with these mods if anyone knows

Thanks

How much hp and tq have you got with light weight crank pully?

How much hp with stage two cams retainers springs etc and tune?

how much hp would you gain decent header

Are there any chips that actually do something??? if so how much can you gain from them???

Thanks again guys
light weight crank pulley wont yield to much by itself... all pullies together might get you a few but not a whole lot

stage two cams... that is very broad... n/a or turbo... jun, skunk2, crower... my guess for a broad ans with what you kinda have put on here... 12 or so hp

decent header? hytech and stuff and get as much at 20whp on some cars... but thats built tuned and prob a bit of location... 10-15 is prob more what will happen

chips... boo... get hondata or neptune or something... they dont really "add" hp as more make your curve and stuff right for all youve done, now in some cases it advances your timing or whatever to help... but ive seen dynos add anywhere from 10-25 hp based on tune... but thats also based on set up

the more you do and tune together, the better each part will perform together... a stock engine is a well tuned machine not designed for better air coming in or air going out... or more fuel comin in... so anytime you do something, it will mess the car up somehow... some more noticable then others... thats why the tune is important... makes everything run together nicely

now you get cams, a really nice header, throttle body, im, full exhaust, cai, better spark plugs, upgrade your fuel system and tune it... should be quite a nice gain overall

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah those are my major plans for when this motor blows... im getting a jdm h22a doin all pullies IM cams and port and polish headers TB and chipped ecu with a pro tune. I am just tryin find out how much i will gain from all this. And as far as the chip i was just wondering if there is a decent one out there

·
Registered
838 Posts
Do you plan on doing this yourself, or buying everything and having it assembled?
Either way, I think you should just do a little more research. It can be time consuming, but there are plenty builds on here that I'm sure match you plans a little bit.

Depending on which route you plan on going, I can see an approx. 35hp/25tq gain, but it depends on whether or not you use a tuner or pro series stg 2 cam, the header is custom or not, and how long it spends on the dyno getting tuned. You'll reap the benefits if you plan your mods to work together.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
ask motoxxxman, he'll probably chime in here anyways.

everything in completely set-up dependant and tune dependant. each part will yeild different results on each individual set-up.
thats about the best thing said lol as far as numbers go.

-lightweight crank pulley wont do squat.
-lightweight UNDERDRIVE crank pulley will give you like 1-2hp, 3 at the most.
-stage 2 cams.... theres a gazillion types of stage 2 cams available. gotta specify which ones exactly.
-decent header, anywhere from 8-15, depending on the rest of the engine setup of course. sometimes more than 15, sometimes less than 8.

and a word of advice:
dont go around asking how much you can gain with something, because the numbers people will mention compared to stock are only peak numbers. and peak numbers mean very very little. you need to focus on the entire rpm range, and where gains are seen, and how much is gained in those areas.

for example, you can have an engine that makes 150tq and 180whp. slap some parts and a tune in it, and you can still get 150tq, and say 185whp. which is technically only a 5whp gain in peak hp, and zero gain in peak torque. but you could see a 30tq gain and 40hp gain elsewhere in the rpm range.
its all about using parts that make the best power in the area you'll use it most.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I just read your signature and 14.4 is really good for the basic bolt-ons you have.
Just thought I mentioned it.;-)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
now im doing a skunk2 70mm throttle body, skunk2 im port matched to throttle body, aem fuel pressure reg./fuel rail, prob a walbro fuel pump, hondata intake manifold gasket, p28 ecu tuned by hondata

already have dc header(yeah woopdifreakindo) and will put a custom 3 in cat-back exhaust leading out my borla muffler... after install and tune i can try to let you know the numbers... itll be around march thought before all that is done... cams will come down the road and im debating on skunk2 pro series cams (n/a) or jun stage 2... havent decided on which yet but if i go with my hytech header... well then itll be an n/a set up... but the header and cams will be down the road

in short i can let you know what the im, tb, fuel rail/pump/reg, cai, bs header, and 3in exhaust do here at my elevation and temps

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
now im doing a skunk2 70mm throttle body, skunk2 im port matched to throttle body, aem fuel pressure reg./fuel rail, prob a walbro fuel pump, hondata intake manifold gasket, p28 ecu tuned by hondata

already have dc header(yeah woopdifreakindo) and will put a custom 3 in cat-back exhaust leading out my borla muffler... after install and tune i can try to let you know the numbers... itll be around march thought before all that is done... cams will come down the road and im debating on skunk2 pro series cams (n/a) or jun stage 2... havent decided on which yet but if i go with my hytech header... well then itll be an n/a set up... but the header and cams will be down the road

in short i can let you know what the im, tb, fuel rail/pump/reg, cai, bs header, and 3in exhaust do here at my elevation and temps
You ever think about doing the 2.5 collector mod to your DC?
I cant afford any of those big name header such as RMF or Hytech,so thats what Im planning to do.:dontknow:

·
Prelude Tech Kid
606 Posts
Underdrive helped a little bit, I think it was worth the 40 bucks I paid for it!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You ever think about doing the 2.5 collector mod to your DC?
I cant afford any of those big name header such as RMF or Hytech,so thats what Im planning to do.:dontknow:
never heard of it... what is that?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice ill look into that i know a guy that might hook it up with new dc header for 1500 bucks now i think it might be worth it... ill have to look into it more

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol 150 my bad and btw redluder thanks alot and check out the update :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^you ran a 14.3 with an intake and exhaust?

·
Prelude Tech Kid
606 Posts
I call:bsflag:eek:n the time!

Timeslip or BAN! :sheep:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts