Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fist off did i spell antennae correctly?
i dont think thats right[damn spell check

well my car is relatively new to me still, meaning its still suprising me once in a while. like the other day i noyiced it has a power antennae but it wasnt pluged in so i plugged it and it made som crazy ass noises but it was really cool when i open the trunk it retracts then shut the trunk and it goes up (well id never seen it before so it was cool to me)
anyway ill start it up and when it goes to up positiion it grinds and makes shit load of noise and sometimes it falls all the way out of housing and never retrats all the way when i shut off motor. As far as the radio goes all is well no problems there but had to unplug it as did previous owner causw sum n is broke ---- does anyone know if there is a fix for this or should i just replace it..........

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
It sounds like you have a bad retractor on the antenna. You might want to see if you can find one in a junkyard and just replace the one that you have. Without the retractor for your antenna, you would break it off when you open you trunk.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
the trunk related retractor is typically found on cars that came with a spoiler from the factory...the spoiler hits the antenna.

you can get a new mast, your is probably bent, which is keeping it from going up and down real nice.

if it's making noise, the motor is probably ok, so a new mast should fix you right up.

and antenna is singular, antennae is plural.

you car has an antenna on the 1/4 panel.
ants have antennae on their heads.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
i had this problem, i just left it down all the time, with it up it looks weird. anyhow i bought the male to male antenna connector from crutchfield and it works great. see there is a connector beside your shifter area that you plug it into and then into the back of your head unit. and it uses the top 3 lines of your defroster as a factory 2nd antenna! i love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts