Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i ended up with a power lock door for my prelude is all i can think of is the problem or are there diffrent years that will only interchange ?

my car 1989 prelude si power windo no power locks no brown window box in it

the door im trying to put on unknown year it has a brown box that says window something on it above the speaker

i was even going to switch harnesses then seen that wont work ether

HELP guys

oh btw i pluged everything up turn the car on and both windows went down and i cant get them up.

:wzbigcry: ill settle for a way to get the windows up for tonight

THANKS

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
i DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE 88'S WIRE HARNESS IS THE SAME AS THE 90-91 PRELUDES, BUT IF U GO TO MY GARAGE. I'VE POSTED A PIC OF THE WIRE HARNESS CONNECTOR FROM MY THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR. THERE IS ANOTHER CONNECTOR ON THE DRIVER SIDE AS WELL. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DO THE DOORS SWAP FROM A 4WS MODEL MAKE SURE YOU SWAP YOUR DOOR HANDLES AS WELL SO THAT YOUR KEYS WILL WORK. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
88 Posts
How easy is it to change the power windows to non power windows on an 89. I found a 90 with no power windows and wanna take that out but wanna make sure first if it's an easy task

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
the power lock thing is possible. I did it to mine. You need the wiring harness for the doors and the associated power lock mechanisms. As for the windows, I havent done it but I am sure it will work also.

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
LudaPower said:
Why would you wanna go from power windows to non power windows?
weight reduction stage II.:tongue:

·
12,918 Posts
Weight reduction? Gotta be kidding me.. do you know what the differences in weight are between the two assemblies?
I'm not even sure there's a difference.. the little electric motor weighs maybe a pound.. and the manual one has a longer shaft than the electric one so the weight comes around to the same. In total I'd say you lose max 3lbs by swapping it out.

·
Cunninglinguist
8,130 Posts
LudaPower said:
Weight reduction? Gotta be kidding me.. do you know what the differences in weight are between the two assemblies?
I'm not even sure there's a difference.. the little electric motor weighs maybe a pound.. and the manual one has a longer shaft than the electric one so the weight comes around to the same. In total I'd say you lose max 3lbs by swapping it out.
Just a thought...but i think maybe he was making a joke

·
Cunninglinguist
8,130 Posts
oh man, i didnt even SEE that post by spanky. I thought you were talking to boosted3g. I stand corrected my friend, and retract my sarcasm that was directed toward you.

but now I'm even further into disbelief. Someone wants to REMOVE their POWER windows....now that's a new one.

christ.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lucifer Caitiff said:
oh man, i didnt even SEE that post by spanky. I thought you were talking to boosted3g. I stand corrected my friend, and retract my sarcasm that was directed toward you.

but now I'm even further into disbelief. Someone wants to REMOVE their POWER windows....now that's a new one.

christ.
ok ok calm down i do want to remove that one because i don't feel like putting money into new motor and would just rather have the passenger side non power for now.

·
Cunninglinguist
8,130 Posts
aah, well man, how big is the motor? I cant imagine it being bigger than a side pocket on some cargo pants. Do what I do in such situation...go to a you-pick-part place on a saturday morning, a busy one, the other 'customers' dont care what youre doing

im not gona tell you what to do from there

not only that, but replacing the motor will be MUCH less ass pain than swiching out the whole thing. You gotta do some shit to the actual window moving mechanism in there...which means taking the window out. it's gona take more time than it's worth. Save yourself ass pain and replace the motor

·
12,918 Posts
Haha i bought a motor for 10$ at the junkyard. Are you even sure it's your motor and not the wiring or switches?
It'd be as much work to change the motor and than to swap from eletric to manual.. and manual is gay.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Alright I'm covinced I'll go check out the yard by my house and if they don't have one I can wait a little while longer it's ok if it doesn't work right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts