Honda Prelude Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thats pretty impressive actually to be making that much power at 15psi on a stock t25. My buddies made 230 at 12. Is your car a hatch or coupe?
my car is hatch. at 11psi, i actually make around 240whp. if you're buddy can manage the fuel and add a FMIC, he could probably make it to 260ish.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
He was running a fmic, larger injectors, tuned and made 230whp. Dynos very in range. But even still those cars are rated at 205 crank hp at 6 psi. I still think its rather impressive for that much power at 15psi out of that weee litte t25. I would expect it to need around 18-19 to make that much. Are you running standalone. I know you can only go so big with injectors on SR's before you need better fuel management.

my car is hatch. at 11psi, i actually make around 240whp. if you're buddy can manage the fuel and add a FMIC, he could probably make it to 260ish.

·
Registered
174 Posts
He was running a fmic, larger injectors, tuned and made 230whp. Dynos very in range. But even still those cars are rated at 205 crank hp at 6 psi. I still think its rather impressive for that much power at 15psi out of that weee litte t25. I would expect it to need around 18-19 to make that much. Are you running standalone. I know you can only go so big with injectors on SR's before you need better fuel management.
yea, i have a standalone. i have an apexi power fc with a full tune. i also run 850cc injectors, its a little overkill for now, but it saves me money when i upgrade later down the road. so what is keeping your buddy from turning the boost to 14-15psi? if he's got a fmic and bigger injectors, he should be fine. i know some ppl that run just the fmic and push 14psi. i personally wouldn't risk it but i know it runs fine for the most part.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Well the main reason is the T25. Its efficient to 15psi. Anything more than that and its out of its efficientsy rating. Who know how long it would last. It could last a year or two, or it could last a few weeks. You never know with a stock turbo that has 10's of thousands of km's on them. They are maxed out at anywhere from 270-330hp based on trim size.

yea, i have a standalone. i have an apexi power fc with a full tune. i also run 850cc injectors, its a little overkill for now, but it saves me money when i upgrade later down the road. so what is keeping your buddy from turning the boost to 14-15psi? if he's got a fmic and bigger injectors, he should be fine. i know some ppl that run just the fmic and push 14psi. i personally wouldn't risk it but i know it runs fine for the most part.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
There isn't a whole lot of activity on these forums, so I guess nobody will mind if I raise some threads from the depths, eh?

I got this FC a couple years ago for $500. It's an '86 GXL. It was an auto with a blown engine. I replaced the engine and converted it to manual, then last year I converted it to turbo using factory parts from a Turbo II. At the moment it's using a 60-1 compressor and Garrett center housing on a factory turbo. She gets around pretty well.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts