Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been searching for a whiteline sway bar for my 3rd gen prelude and couldnt find one so i emailed the company and they said they discontinued them but will bring them back if i can get a minimum of 10 buyers. Would anyone be interested in ordering some whiteline front sway bars?

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
819 Posts
LOL of course they discontinued them. :rolleyes:

Cost? ETA if we can get 10 buyers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just emailed them and asked em how much each and how long till they would be shipped. Should know within the next couple days

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And they said 10-20sets for them to bring the sway bars back to production. There's a good chance itll be front and rear sway bar

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
819 Posts
I'm not in a hurry - my 'ludes are going to be up in the air probably all summer....but I know there are other people that are going to ask that, so I figured I'd get it out of the way for them. LOL I'm interested. If it's not super expensive - it'll be higher than normal for sure, for a one-off small group run like this, but as long as it's not too high, I could be persuaded to join up. These aren't specifically for lowered cars, are they?

Reactions: Sethloki

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not in a big hurry but I would like to get em sooner than later lol. Good luck on working on your prelude mine was down for a year

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They said the need to double check but 90%sure it'll be $150-$180 each and approximated 90 day lead time

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is that the front and rear set? If so, that's a good price! I'll be in if they can confirm that.

·
Registered
1989 Accord LXi Coupe; 1989 Prelude 2.0s; 1964 Dodge Dart GT: 1993 Kawasaki ZX-11; 1982 Honda CB900
367 Posts
Yes, $150 is reasonable

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I'm in if both front and rear. Since they're in Australia, gonna be a little pricey on the shipping to the US.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Idk if its for front and back they only refered to it as sets so im assuming its for the front and back but people been saying its for front only. I emailed them Friday to clarify on what they mean by sets but I havent heard back from them yet. I have 13 people interested on fb and if ya'll are interested I can add yall to the list and the sway bars will becoming from the whiteline USA district

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Idk if its for front and back they only refered to it as sets so im assuming its for the front and back but people been saying its for front only. I emailed them Friday to clarify on what they mean by sets but I havent heard back from them yet. I have 13 people interested on fb and if ya'll are interested I can add yall to the list and the sway bars will becoming from the whiteline USA district
The prices they quoted are for each bar.
They are assuming that the person they are talking too understands their product.

If you never dealt with manufacturers, they do not assume that you are a newb, they are assuming you did your research and know what to expect.
They will be pointing you to their nearest US dealer or distributor for someone who has no business license or experience.

They do not deal with random individuals for liability reasons etc...

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was waiting for you to hop in here, Sean. I know you've got a ton of experience with manufacturer group buys like this and have a pretty good idea of how they work. I'd guessed that they were referring to price per bar, not both, and that's why I asked for confirmation. The price is still pretty ok, but it changes things a bit for me. I'll probably still be in for at least the front one (maybe both)....but I'm gonna get next to nothing back on my tax returns this year thanks to everything that's happened due to the plague, and as you know, I've already got other things going on that need cash. It's just how it is.
@Sethloki please PM me when you're closer to ready to go on it, and we'll talk. We'll see where I'm at then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the long delay been trying to find a front and rear sway bar as whiteline said they need to make new jiggs, also gonna request that the rear is 22mm instead of the 20mm they make em. I have the rear bar and the front should be here on the 22nd (its the 21st where im at). Whiteline usa distribution is who im talking to ive told them ive never done anything like this and they said they are willing to help if i had any questions. I have about 11 people on a prelude facebook page interested in the buy as well. Again sorry for the long wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive been searching for a whiteline sway bar for my 3rd gen prelude and couldnt find one so i emailed the company and they said they discontinued them but will bring them back if i can get a minimum of 10 buyers. Would anyone be interested in ordering some whiteline front sway bars?
I'm definately down for the buy as well. Only had my 3rd gen lude for about 6 months, has been hell looking for parts lol. Sway bars much needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last update was he sent them used OE sway bars to R&D, but never heard back after that.
I think im just going to make my own custom sway bars, ill just take some steel rods of a certain thickness to someone who has a bender and them bent to oem spec. Seems like an easier option to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts