Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i've been having problems with my lude the past week. Here's the problem: When i either accelerate or decelrate while still using the motor's compression(downshift) my passenger side wheel is wobbling real bad and it feel's like it's about to crap out on me. Please note that if the car is not in gear or that i step on the clutch the wheel is fine. Only when i'm apllying a force in order to go faster or downshifting for deceleration. Could this be axle related or a wheel bearing?

·
Registered
286 Posts
im gonna guess its not a wheel bearing. it would wobble or at least make noise all the time. you can check some things to rule them out by just wiggling the tire/wheel in question from top to bottom and side to side. this should rule out front end parts and wheel bearings and such. i dont know enough about drive components to give you a yes or no but hopefully you can at least narrow it down and good luck to you. keep us posted.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
check all the connections in the suspension on that side. a loose upper control arm or a loose radius rod nut up front can cause that.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I'm going to state the obvious here, but definitely don't drive it until you fix that shit. Jack up the suspected wheel and wiggle it around. Try to figure out what is loose or broken. It is not an axle problem, you have something wrong with your suspension or hub. A wheel bearing that was bad enough to allow the wheel to wobble would also wobble when it is not under power. I would suspect a tire rod or ball joint first, then move onto upper control arm and radius rods. If all those check out, you may have a problem with the hub itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts