Honda Prelude Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts
Here are some more pics of it. For those of you that dont quite understand the two holes that need to be plugged.

I couldn't just remove the plate the because it wouldn't bolt back on with out it unless I got differents studs and used a tap and die set to extend the threads for the two nuts.

Good pic of the holes

Rep is appreciated.

now I see the lower i/m in that last picture. What i did with mine was remove the butterflys out of the spacer plate and kept the spacer plate. I just tapped and plugged the holes in the endd of the plate. I kept the spacer for longer runners because I have an h23.

has anyone tried making their own gasket to block off the hole? i used roofing tin to make my egr blockoff gasket and that sealed fine, id be curious to try it. seems like it might be a bitch to do though.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Well, i got my car started last night without a hitch... but i noticed something afterward that had me kind of worried.

There are three vacuum fittings on top of the IM- looking from the front of the car, the one on the far right isn't hooked up to anything. I tried putting my finger over it, and it was pulling in a LOT of air. As soon as i picked my finger off of it, the idle returned to about normal. Odd?

I remember having it plugged into a small black vacuum ball before, but now when i try hooking it up... the motor falls on it's face, like it's not getting enough air. :| Any ideas? I can post pics tonight, i'm not quite sure WTF is going on here.

I thought about plugging the hole up, and just turning the throttle body open a little bit more to compensate for it... seems kinda hacked to me though.

Well, i got my car started last night without a hitch... but i noticed something afterward that had me kind of worried.

There are three vacuum fittings on top of the IM- looking from the front of the car, the one on the far right isn't hooked up to anything. I tried putting my finger over it, and it was pulling in a LOT of air. As soon as i picked my finger off of it, the idle returned to about normal. Odd?

I remember having it plugged into a small black vacuum ball before, but now when i try hooking it up... the motor falls on it's face, like it's not getting enough air. :| Any ideas? I can post pics tonight, i'm not quite sure WTF is going on here.

I thought about plugging the hole up, and just turning the throttle body open a little bit more to compensate for it... seems kinda hacked to me though.
Which one?

Right next to the throttle body, the three small ones. It's the furthest one to the right, according to the picture. The other two are plugged... I think if i hook it up to the vacuum tank, i might be okay- i think? :|
LG-CU720/V1.0l Obigo/Q05A Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1
That's odd. Those are for evap lines right? I had to adjust my idle screw, but I also adjusted it prior to iab delete, so guess that doesn't really help.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
That's odd. Those are for evap lines right? I had to adjust my idle screw, but I also adjusted it prior to iab delete, so guess that doesn't really help.
I figured that's what i would have to do to be honest, a lot like jetting an old-school Holley carb- obviously if something changes, it's gotta be made up somewhere. :laugh: thanks man, i appreciate the input. I'll let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow- the car should be back on the ground and on the road by this weekend. :)
LG-CU720/V1.0l Obigo/Q05A Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

Discussion starter · #73 ·
would removing the secondary butterflies be a good all around mod for a supercharged application???should i ditch the plate where they sit all together or what?
As Blake and some of the others said, it seems to be better to just gut the plate out of the valves and plug the ends- it increases plenum volume, giving you better low-end torque and power (which is what you want with FI). For N/A, it's better to just remove it altogether.

From what i understand, power tends to increase everywhere in the powerband with a good tune... i have no personal experience, but i'll see what the numbers say when my car is strapped to the dyno this summer.

Discussion starter · #75 ·
alright gut it & leave the middle spacer?awsome, im trying to optimize the most power im my h23vtec jrsc build for power all around.
That's right. I actually have a spare one laying around that's already been gutted and sealed if you don't want to cut up your original one. $10 + shipping if you're interested!

61 - 80 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.