Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ya i have an 89 prelude S and whenever i turn i hear a popping noise. at first it was only when i turned right but now its whenever i turn period. especially in warm weather. i think its my joints or something like that but im not sure. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
its probably CV joints. You probably need to replace at least the passenger side if not both. Look under the car. If you see a tear in the boot there is your problem. Tears usualy happen between the rings of the boot. If its torn then all the grease flew out and now you have a dry popping CV joint. The only fix is to replace/rebuild it. You can have it done for around $100 per side or you can do it yourslef if you have the tools. I spent $50 for a reman half axle the last time I had to replace one.

·
穏やかな旅行&#
4,713 Posts
Yup... most likely it's an outter CV joint going bad. Once you start hearing them pop, it's only a matter of days before it breaks on you completely and you can't move the car :emthup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kalm_Traveler said:
Yup... most likely it's an outter CV joint going bad. Once you start hearing them pop, it's only a matter of days before it breaks on you completely and you can't move the car :emthup:

Not true. My axles have been clicking for about 6 months and mine havent broke.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Yup, you must baby your car. I had my axle break. I let it go too long and it was annoying but I didn't know it was only 25 bucks to rebuild em.

and black magik did you get your screen name from the slayer song?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.