Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive had my car sit for a few days in my garage because its been snowing like no other lately. all the snow is melted away now. i got in my car and let it warm up for about 15 minutes then i got in it, put it in reverse and heard a loud pop. i checked to see if i ran over anything but there wasnt anything in the way of my tires. then when i was driving i put it in 3rd going about 40 just for the hell of it and then it started sputtering. it drives fine now but will it happen again? and any idea what it is?

·
Registered
365 Posts
^^
this is a 3g thread, 3g's were from 88-91.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm thinking the pop may not have been related to the engine sputtering. Sitting for a few days in cold weather is enough for it to need time to warm up.

Was the E brake set? Could it have been the pads separating from the rotors? That happens to my 89 when I don't drive her at least once a week. It's like a CREAK/POP. Don't the rear brakes adjust themselves when in reverse? That may have added to it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it had the e-brake on the whole time. it was sitting for about 2 or 3 days. when i was driving the gears didnt grind, it just sputtered a little bit.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
plugs? might need a service?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
how warm was it in ur garage? i have seen it be warm enough to melt the snow away but not the thin compressed layer of ice under your tires, what you heard might have been the tires breaking free from the floor. the ice of course freezes the tires to the ground and when you move it you get a nice(sometimes loud) pop/thunk....maybe it was that.....

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
^^^^True, but it also did it whilst driving on the road.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
You see thats you should read the thread properly lol! Sputtering could be TPS as for popping when moving the tyres in icy conditions I agree!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts