Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys driving in the snow. If you have one of your wheels spinning and the other one just sitting there...try this. Lightly press the brake pedal, this will act like a limited slip differential and power will be applied to the"doing nothing" wheel.

:-D:-D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
does this work on all cars or just ours? my girl has a mustang will it work on hers?

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
It will work on all cars that do just what he said.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
It's far more worthwhile in the snow than a proper LSD is.
They just make both wheels spin instead ;-)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hold the brake pedal or just tap it?

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
hold it very lightly.
it makes "traction" at both tires, so power gets applied to both sides instead of the one side thats spinning freely.

ya...LSD does just make both sides spin like a mofo :lol: I'm getting snow tires this year tho. It should be sick.

·
Registered
852 Posts
SWEET we got a bunch of snow on top of the like 2 feet we have, I'm so trying this with donuts.

·
Registered
752 Posts
wow i need to know this a like 2 days ago when we got 10 in of snow and MY POS suzuki esteem gets suck in like 2inch of snow so this is great

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Using "2" in an auto will help a lot as it keeps the revs down and tends not to pick-up so quickly. That is exactly why it's there. Just don't go mashing the throttle

I've used mine locked in "2" on track. A short circuit where speeds were between 25mph & 70mph. Worked a treat.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
What he said, actually tho, the revs would be higher for a given speed if the car is locked in 2nd gear as opposed to being able to shift in to the highest gear possible. (That's what autos do)
I shift my auto Sentra because it has this annoying ass bump from 1st to 2nd cause I need a motor mount. I also downshift it when slowing or going thru turn, gives me better control since I can 'feel' the car more, and it saves gas, fuel cut on decel, and saves brakes as well.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
oh ok. Yeah I'm a Florida boy so I don't know about driving on snow or ice or salty roads or whatever. The worst we have are puddles of rain water and salt in the 90 degree sea breeze. Speaking of which it was hot as hell this weekend! I went to Daytona (twice lol) and I thought I might sweat to death!
Hot as hell in the middle of December, you poor bastard.:lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts