Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure what to do. This gauge has done funny things before like randomly showing zero for a day or so and wildly varying pressure at idle. For the most part it would show around 20 psi while at idle. I checked my clearances and I only had one reading on the crank that was almost to the service limit but still within spec and now I'm getting 26-0 psi at idle. It jumps around so erratically im not sure if that is normal or what I should do first. The stock oil light has never come on but it is on when I turn the key and the engine first cranks over. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
First suggestion is to get a known working pressure gauge.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yesterday I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge along side my plx gauge and there were some discrepancies in the pressures. The plx would generally show about 5 psi lower than the mechanical auto meter gauge. Once the oil got completely warmed up the auto meter would sit at 20 psi while the plx would usually stay at 15 psi and randomly dip down to as low as zero psi.

I did email plx and the response I got was to make sure I had the terminal jumper removed but if I removed it neither of my sensors would show up on the dm-6 gauge.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a sandwich plate with both of the sensors plugged into it. What was scaring me is that before the readings didn't jump around so erratically. I've found one other thread on some random site talking about this dudes plx o2 sensor giving false readings. I'm beginning to think it may have been poor connection but only time will tell. I'll leave both sensors in for a while and post results in a while. I've put a little over 200 miles on the engine. It's been purring like a kitten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts