Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
Greddy *style* Evo 2? Doensn't even include the little 2-inch piece of pipe to make it fit a base model?

My buddy's Evo2 (real one) sounds pretty good. Dunno about this knockoff...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
SquishyPanda said:
Greddy *style* Evo 2? Doensn't even include the little 2-inch piece of pipe to make it fit a base model?

My buddy's Evo2 (real one) sounds pretty good. Dunno about this knockoff...
Ya its not for a base model. I dont have a base model. I dont care about base models and their un painted side panels and ugly rims. I also dont care about the fact that they are like 70 lbs lighter because of lack of atts. 70 pounds is the difference between me and a fat ass driving my car. If anyone here can tell the difference from a hundred pounds shaved off their car then they are some crazy sort of freak and needs to be in a circus. This concludes my rant of the day. I think i need to go eat something.... damn low blood sugar. :tongue:

ludespeed501 said:
I say just get custom 2.5" piping with a mugen "style" twin loop muffler.
Im leaning towards this. Its actually a really good idea and i have thinking about it a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2000BB6 said:
i say buy it but becarfull cant trust ebay
Your just saying that because i was dissing on base models and you want me to feel the wrath of ebay! :turn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
better watch ur mouth about base models!!!

thats a fake ebay style wanna be evo 2 exhaust.

since u got so many things to say about base models.
u should go buy that exhaust and you could be all rice out with ur SH.
;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
get it. if you don't like the sound, just buy a real name muffler later on, and resell that muffler on ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What im really curious about is what makes the sound suck so bad. I mean stainless steal is stainless steel. A pipe is a pipe. The only thing that seems to dictate exhaust note is the muffler. This muffler looks the same as the greddy one. But can someone make a muffler "look" like its legit and its not? How does that work. Everyone says the ebay cheap exhaust setups are shit and im not gonna argue. But i want to know WHY they are shit. I have heard some shitty exhaust in my day and its a horrible thing. But i like to believe that there are third party companies that can just duplicate exhaust systems so you dont have to pay 300 bucks extra to say you have greddy exhaust on your car. Ya know?
 

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
What im really curious about is what makes the sound suck so bad. I mean stainless steal is stainless steel. A pipe is a pipe. The only thing that seems to dictate exhaust note is the muffler. This muffler looks the same as the greddy one. But can someone make a muffler "look" like its legit and its not? How does that work. Everyone says the ebay cheap exhaust setups are shit and im not gonna argue. But i want to know WHY they are shit. I have heard some shitty exhaust in my day and its a horrible thing. But i like to believe that there are third party companies that can just duplicate exhaust systems so you dont have to pay 300 bucks extra to say you have greddy exhaust on your car. Ya know?
yes they definatly could but they don't(usally) they use inferior parts. also i have the evo 2 myself and just to let you know it dosen't look the exact same, the pipe on mine that connects to the cat has two mufflers on it, that one only has 1, so i imagine it will sound diffrent, proply louder, but hey it's up to you, i just wouldn't do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
picture a guy making an exhaust designed to look exactly like the greddy one. THAts his only goal.

Greddy (apexi, whatever) actually puts the exhaust on the car and designs it to sound good, they probably make many prototypes and throw out designs that sound like ass.

Cosmetically i'd say hey, go for the ebay, it looks the same right? But chances are it will sound ugly, every muffler less than like $100 that i've heard I've felt bad for the people who buy them. Just sounds like crap...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lenjaiah said:
:wzbigcry:

HAHAHAHA


this is going on my sig.
If i admidt that is the DUMBEST THING IVE EVER SAID will you take it off your sig? I was at work and multi tasking a bit too much haha. Anyways i know thay you can just make a hollow peice of metal tube look like a more expensive one. I was just curious about what sort of baffling they use on mufflers. Man i must sound like a complete IDIOT. Ill just stop now.

But seriously, reading that quote again..... wow words cannot explain the stupidity i feel.
 

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
If i admidt that is the DUMBEST THING IVE EVER SAID will you take it off your sig? I was at work and multi tasking a bit too much haha. Anyways i know thay you can just make a hollow peice of metal tube look like a more expensive one. I was just curious about what sort of baffling they use on mufflers. Man i must sound like a complete IDIOT. Ill just stop now.

But seriously, reading that quote again..... wow words cannot explain the stupidity i feel.
hey i was just checking out you pics, and you have a rerally nice lude, please don't buy it, plus i saw your v2 intake, yes definatly go with the real evo2 to follow that up, it will sound great trust me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
If i admidt that is the DUMBEST THING IVE EVER SAID will you take it off your sig? I was at work and multi tasking a bit too much haha. Anyways i know thay you can just make a hollow peice of metal tube look like a more expensive one. I was just curious about what sort of baffling they use on mufflers. Man i must sound like a complete IDIOT. Ill just stop now.

But seriously, reading that quote again..... wow words cannot explain the stupidity i feel.
lol
i was going to make a bigger comment.
but since u ask me to.. i would take it off.
its good that you made it clear for all of us know that you do understand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea im not gonna mess up my car or anything. Im only into subtle changes personally.

I honestly dont prefer:

Altezza Lights
Fake Carbon Fiber
Loud ricey exhaust
Street glow....
.... ok you get the point.

I also understand the amount of scamming on ebay. If you have half a brain you can tell if something a shitty knock off. All i was curious about was which kinds of knock off products you shouldent buy. Some knock off things are a great deal because your just paying for the brand name label when you pay full price. Exhaust however, it seems like you get what you pay for.
 

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
Yea im not gonna mess up my car or anything. Im only into subtle changes personally.

I honestly dont prefer:

Altezza Lights
Fake Carbon Fiber
Loud ricey exhaust
Street glow....
.... ok you get the point.

I also understand the amount of scamming on ebay. If you have half a brain you can tell if something a shitty knock off. All i was curious about was which kinds of knock off products you shouldent buy. Some knock off things are a great deal because your just paying for the brand name label when you pay full price. Exhaust however, it seems like you get what you pay for.
:smilejap:
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top