Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im justin new to forum but not from scene.. so ill try to explain this as short and to the point as possible. .... so please try to follow and if anything in question ill do my best to explain....

So maybe a month ago i started to notice like my intake was like amplified really loud. So i didnt think nothing of it. So about a week ago i was trying to drive on freeway with a slight slope and my car was choggin like clogged cat feeling. So when i got off and i was shifting it was loud and struggling aeound 3000-3500 rpms. So i ran scan tool for cel and p1399 , p0300 , p0301 , p0303. SO i did my research and i have since changed plugs to ngk iridium, ngk wires, new dist cap, new rotor, oil change, and it seems a pinch better still is doing the same thinfs with rpms and driving. So i am pretty close to throwing in the towel.

So with what i have left in options it would be to clean egr ports, reset ecu, maf sensor, and im just not sure from there if i am missing anything. Any help from past exp i will try.

2000 prelude 5 sp 200k miles, i/h/e, vtec controller,. Thank you for your time. Hopefully i can get this thing fixed. Thanks

·
Administrator
6,548 Posts
Simply clean the egr ports and valve. See what happens. I've had to clean mine once around 120k and again around 150k due to misfiring.

-Pulling the radio fuse to reset the ECU should have been done already if you changed plugs etc trying to fix it. So do that first if you've not already cleared the codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright i will be cleaning it in a couple hours fingers are crossed cause if i cant figure this out i hate to say it but ill be taking it to a shop and i hate giving up cause i do all my own woek. Ill post as soon as i finish the clean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello im justin new to forum but not from scene.. so ill try to explain this as short and to the point as possible. .... so please try to follow and if anything in question ill do my best to explain....

So maybe a month ago i started to notice like my intake was like amplified really loud. So i didnt think nothing of it. So about a week ago i was trying to drive on freeway with a slight slope and my car was choggin like clogged cat feeling. So when i got off and i was shifting it was loud and struggling aeound 3000-3500 rpms. So i ran scan tool for cel and p1399 , p0300 , p0301 , p0303. SO i did my research and i have since changed plugs to ngk iridium, ngk wires, new dist cap, new rotor, oil change, and it seems a pinch better still is doing the same thinfs with rpms and driving. So i am pretty close to throwing in the towel.

So with what i have left in options it would be to clean egr ports, reset ecu, maf sensor, and im just not sure from there if i am missing anything. Any help from past exp i will try.

2000 prelude 5 sp 200k miles, i/h/e, vtec controller,. Thank you for your time. Hopefully i can get this thing fixed. Thanks
Change your coil pack off of the distributor and check that the intake is clean and not oil or anything inside and make sure none of your air intake lines dont have holes or vacuum lines off of your intake manifold it can be as stupid as a vacuum line being clogged or it came undone... just had the same problem did everything you did plus what I listed and mine drives normal now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts