Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 91 4ws si 2.1 and I absolutely love this car! It was owned by a senior citizen and maintained very well. When I bought it it was almost due for a timing belt so I replaced the water pump, tensioner, timing belt etc. But what I need help with.... when I removed the belts the harmonic balancer outer fell off the inner so I instantly knew it was shot. I have been to every parts store looked all over the web and also learned that the 89 carved prelude with a one piece design will fit my B21A1. Problem being I cannot find one anywhere!!!! Any ideas!? I really want to get everything done so I can start enjoying this vehicle. Thank you for any and all help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go to row52.com and find a prelude(s) in your area at a dismantler. Be prepared to pull it yourself with a battery operated impact gun. Pre 91 Prelude balancers are better, but they are all cross compatible

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah mine was a nightmare to crack loose. Thank you so much! I've called almost every salvage in my state with no luck. Being from Michigan our scrap yard are packed with domestic vehicles only. Go figure.

·
Memento Mori
7,498 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a 91 4ws si 2.1 and I absolutely love this car! It was owned by a senior citizen and maintained very well. When I bought it it was almost due for a timing belt so I replaced the water pump, tensioner, timing belt etc. But what I need help with.... when I removed the belts the harmonic balancer outer fell off the inner so I instantly knew it was shot. I have been to every parts store looked all over the web and also learned that the 89 carved prelude with a one piece design will fit my B21A1. Problem being I cannot find one anywhere!!!! Any ideas!? I really want to get everything done so I can start enjoying this vehicle. Thank you for any and all help.
I have a 91 I'm slowly tearing down for parts. Drove perfectly fine to where it sits body is shot so only good for parts. I imagine what you're looking for is intact on mine. Won't be back to touch til it warms up a little bit but I can let you know soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just searched. Only 1 in my state and it's a 1997. Whomp, whomp, whomp
My activity on this site has decreased as I know longer own a Prelude however I can get these used in my area. They won't come cheap But I can get the one pieces as well as the B21A1 2 piece pulleys but with limited availability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts