Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Love the power of H
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear seats in my 5th gen keep getting wet and i dont know why. I want to find out asap before my car starts to stink. PLEASE HELP!

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Take your spare tire cover off and see if there is water in the spare tire well. If so, take out the rubber grommet plug in the bottom of the spare well to drain the water. The water is coming from your tail light seals or trunk deck seal. When you hit the brakes the water rolls up out of the spare deck and soaks the bottom of the rear seats....heard of this happening 2 other times.

·
Registered
458 Posts
^mine does it too. i think its def from tail light seals.

·
Love the power of H
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did have some water in the spare tire but i had some water under the rear seat i punched out the plugs in thetrunk and i pushed out some plugs under the rear seat. i hope it works thanks for your help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i did have some water in the spare tire but i had some water under the rear seat i punched out the plugs in thetrunk and i pushed out some plugs under the rear seat. i hope it works thanks for your help.
Thats just a temp fix, remember that. If you dont get your leaks fixed you are going to have rust out sooner or later. Probably right through one of the rear quarter panels. Happened to me.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Defiantly a water leak. Also check the tubes for the sun roof, make sure they are not clogged. I've seen leaves and stuff packed at the drain holes.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The rear seats in my 5th gen keep getting wet and i dont know why. I want to find out asap before my car starts to stink. PLEASE HELP!
Tell your friends that the backseat isnt a bathroom!!! :rofl:

But yea I had the same issue and I found out that the rubberseal around the sunroof window was slightly worn and it was allowing water to run down. So I replaced that and also I was told as a backup to take out the two plugs under the spare tire so that if it still continues that the water wont build up and splash into your rear seat. Removing the 2 plugs will allow any water getting into your rear trunk of your car to fall out from the 2 holes from where the plugs once were at.

When I had that issue I ended up having a pond build up under my spare and everytime I braked the wave of water basically flowed towards the backseat and soaked up and it started to stink too!!!

Ask Honda4life for tips bc he was the one I msged and called for help!!!
He even helped me with removing the rearseat to dry and clean up!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts