Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some issues with my stock prelude SH and decided to do a full swap. I went with H22A 2.2L Accord Euro R with a T2W4 LSD Transmission. We doubled checked every connector and sensor but we still can't get it to turnover. I am not the main mechanic on this project. Thankfully he is keeping me from going full Ferris Bueller (Cameron and his dad's Ferrari) but I am funding this operation and we are so close. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,377 Posts
When you say full swap, do you mean you retained the obd2 system and converted everything from the H22a over to the obd2 specific sensors/oil pump/timing gears from the H22a4?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we retained all of the above. We also ran a compression test last night

Results:

Cylinder- 1st, 2nd test

1- 172 psi, 130 psi
2- 90 psi, 120 psi
3-110 psi, 142 psi
4- 72 psi, 99 psi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those compression variations are not that great, generally within 5 % of each other is acceptable 10% is sometimes ok but you have over 30% on the second run and almost 240% on the first. It won’t stop it firing though. have you put the fuel lines on the right way around. Maybe squirt some engine start into the intake if it fires when cranking then you have no fuel but spark. Do you have spark at the plugs when cranking it over . Check by earth the side of the spark plug out to the rocker cover and using a high tension spark plug lead on the plug watch for spark while cranking one cylinder should be enough to prove it one way or another. What ecu are you using ? How about an earth from the engine to the chassis? All good for thought

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We let the cylinders sit over night with some oil and we finally got a constant compression across the board. We are now working on spark. I ordered a whole kit... rotor, wires and plugs. Should arrive today or tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the input and help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts