Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed home on the freeway and a Civic started buzzing around me.

I have an unknown old aftermarket CAI and an old APEXi exhaust that might be the N1, but it was put on the car in 1998 so I'm not sure. It's pretty loud, but I love the way it sounds.

He must have heard my exhaust and that sparked his interest. His civic looked stock except 10k HID head lights, a really bright license plate light, and an aftermarket exhaust not sure what kind.

I was in a playful mood, just got my 120k mile service from Honda, so I decided to introduce him to VTEC.

Now, I have an automatic transmission. I'm not generally looking to race, but like I said I was feeling playful and frankly he didn't look that intimidating.

I let him get a good ways ahead of me and then I started accelerating. I wasn't pushing it hard at all because it's a new car and I don't know the limits. I was still going pretty fast, and hit 2 nice long VTEC strides.

Even though it's an auto I have a good feel for the transmission and know the best way to gain speed without overworking the transmission.

This got him buzzing around me again. I was next to the fast lane and he came up beside me in the fast lane. I have tinted windows but I tried to give him a big fun-loving smile. I forgot to mention it is sort of raining, just drizzling but I didn't want to roll down my window to get a better look at the guy.

After 30 seconds of being neck in neck I decided to blast off and see if he would bite. I was ahead by so much I'm not sure if he even tried. I realized the guy was all bark and no bite.

He started switching lanes and then when he was about to exit he hit the gas. I stayed back a bit and slowed down and then did another burst of speed and VTEC power. I caught up to him just as he was exiting.

I had a lot of fun! I am a VTEC :love: junky.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
:considered: hmmm this guy on HT just posted something rather similar but his title says "Playing with a Peelood".

thats gotta be him. :pokerface:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ I doubt the Civic guy could read and write English. Not hating, just guessing. In Houston there are some Hispanic immigrants that are like Ricers but they have less money than your average Ricer. Beaners? I don't know, but needless to say that Civic was not boosted with anything significant.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
:suspicious: whoa whoa timeout. Lemme get this straight. So not only are you assuming he can't read and write english but you're also assuming he has less money than the "average Ricer"? And why does it have to be boosting with anything to even keep up with you?!

i really don't get your logic brother. :pokerface:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just don't like the term ricer, because most of the ricey cars I see actually are fast. I see lots of riced up Evo's.

He had a plain silver Civic that looked box-like..it was from the 90's, probably early 90's.
Super bright 10k HID's.

I have owned 2 Civics. The Prelude is a faster car. Civics may weigh less but it doesn't make up for their low HP.

I didn't assume he couldn't read/write English, it was a guess. I wouldn't bet on it.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,271 Posts
awwwweshiit an automatic street racer. everyone watchout we got a badass over here

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
OP said it was silver. :tongue:
I only said I had a better civic then what you posted. I did not say anything about op. If he wants some, he can come get some. He is not beating me.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
oh boy here we go. :pokerface:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts