Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so since I got my Prelude in late august and live in Michigan I barely got in any summer play time or work time with my car, so due to extreme boredom and late nights I think I've figured out every visual mod I would like to do, and since there are nearly no FGP Ludes out there that have much more than an OEM lip kit, you guys will just have to try to imagine the things I'm describing. Its not sooo much stuff but I think it will look way bad ass when I'm finally finished

Wings West type R spoiler with 3rd brake light (already done)

TSX projector retros with e46 shrouds and the bezels painted black (not the bezel of the projector but the one that frames the headlight)

JDM fog lights

Dark (not sure what percentage i want yet) window tint all around, except windshield of course

Black 17 inch MSR "138"s

Removed "Prelude" lettering on bumper (done before i bought it)

Honda badges on front and back painted either gloss or flat black

Wings West RS complete lip kit

97-98 EGP tan interior swap with the tan leather seats from an RSX Type S (preferably the 05-06 seats but ill take what i can find)

Gauge bezel mod

Paint the plastic inserts in the head rests of the RSX seats to match the gauge bezels

Shaving keyhole in trunk lid

And absolute last thing I want to do, fix all of the dents and throw on a fresh coat of FGP paint.

keep in mind im just fishing for thoughts and opinions, i know its my car and i can do what i want to it and you bet your bottom dollar im going to, i just like to hear other peoples opinions. also if you dont like something/anything of what i listed please dont be pointlessly negative, just say you dont like it and maybe suggest an alternative.

thanks fellas (possibly lady-fellas too)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Now that you've got the visual ideas out, what about performance?

One area that crosses both lines... suspension... is it dropped already?

There's a pretty easy mod that I really want to do soon that seems minor but IMO improves the look from behind greatly, and that's getting rid of that amber plastic in the rears.

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen :sly:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you've got the visual ideas out, what about performance?

One area that crosses both lines... suspension... is it dropped already?

There's a pretty easy mod that I really want to do soon that seems minor but IMO improves the look from behind greatly, and that's getting rid of that amber plastic in the rears.

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen :sly:
I would love to drop it, but there are several risks, that im not sure im willing to take: 1)i already am not sure if the rims i want are going to rub (least of my worries) 2)unless i can somehow manage to get a second car for the winter I may even not end up being able to get the lip kit because of all the snow here and if i have it lowered with a lip, id have like 1-3 inches of ground clearance, and that would not work in snow, lol and 3) and maybe someone could aleviate sp? my fear of this one, when you have full lowering coilovers does it stiffen up the suspension alot? because there are alot of bumps around here that i bottom out on (or atleast hit my exaust pipe) even at stock ride height :evil:

there is that proof enough for ya? haha :razz:

and with removing the ambers in the tails... i would also love to do that but ive heard quite a few horror stories of people trying to get inside our lights only to break them or have a bunch of dust inside after they seal em' back up in the oven, but if you plan on doing it, LMK how it goes, i might still consider it

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
is that exhaust sticking out far enough?

coilovers would fix your problem cause once the snow hits you can raise it back up to stock

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get adjustable coilovers would you be able to change the ride height enough to avoid the snow in the winter?
im sure it would work, idk i would just be nervous pushing snow around with the lip because even at stock ride height with the lip i would definately be plowing

is that exhaust sticking out far enough?

coilovers would fix your problem cause once the snow hits you can raise it back up to stock
it actually doesnt stick out at all, that pic is just a weird angle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts