Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've hated that damn pinstripe since i got my 5th gen almost three years ago. well, yesterday i had enough and took it off. quite possibly the EASIEST "mod" you could possibly do. and it makes a world of difference!

go buy a 3M eraser wheel. it's a big eraser that you fit on your drill.

now give that ugly stripe a death stare! squint if necessary!

now show it who's boss: YOU! grunts and screams may be useful, just to make sure the point gets across.

careful with all those edges...

now go grab some wax and grease remover...

and some lint-free cloth. get one cloth moist with the w&g remover, wipe where you used the eraser, then use a dry cloth to wipe away the excess.

then get some car wax and re-wax those areas you just wiped down.

now pull it out, wash it up, and snap some money shots!

alright, i admit, those "money shots" were taken with a crappy camera phone, thus downgrading them to... maybe... "pocket change shots." whatever. it still looks sexy.

by the way, i know my prelude looks like a jeep! i'm getting a Koni/GC setup within the next few weeks, hang tight.

·
Registered
493 Posts
wow seems like a good way of removing pinstripes. i had to do mine to old fashion way by peeling it and using a heat gun ( AKA my sisters blow dryer :( )

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i used that wax and grease remover to remove the excess residue left from the pinstripe, but honestly that eraser took off so much sticky stuff, a good soapy scrub would've done just as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well done dude I need one of those lol

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow dont think ive ever seen a prelude with the ass end that high off the ground, is that stock height?
i know right?!? it looks so high up! yep it's stock hight though, plus i have 225/45/17 tires which are a wee bit taller that the stock tires. also, half of the 'ludes on this site are damn near slammed! you guys are making me look bad! Koni/GC's should be here in a week or so...

Clean ass Ludes FTMFW. Sekz dude.
:spinface: thank you!!

Well done dude I need one of those lol
do it! it could NOT be any easier. the tape, the sticky stuff, it all comes right off. i can't find a single spot on either side of my car indicating there had ever been a stripe.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
hey, you guys know that ugly VTEC sticker on the trunk?

wait, what sticker?!?

eraser wheel strikes again!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Good write-up, looks nice bro!

·
Registered
339 Posts
pshhhh, i did it the true dedicated broke mans way! i peeled off the pin stripe wit my own fingers and had to rub off the left over glue wit my shirt and sum windex! WATS SUP! lol, 2 hours later and a pain in my ass and i got it done, lol

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Good stuff....I'm glad mine didn't come with a pin strip :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry bout those messed up photobucket pics of the VTEC sticker. fixed it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good stuff....I'm glad mine didn't come with a pin strip :D
damn it. i would've traded you the eraser wheel for some pr0jekterrsssss, y0. as long as your making them, one of these days i'm gonna have you make me some. eventually.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts