Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so as the title says, im looking to replace the entire exhaust system, from the headers all the way to the muffler tip
but
im on a bit of a budget
i want the muffler to most likely be a twin loop muffler, does anyone have any good sources to find one, as close to muigen specs as possible, i know jdmboy.com sells one, but i havnt heard the greatest things from the owner/actual sound of the mufflers
and for a highflow cat, do you think id be better off buying one of ebay, or trusting a muffler shop to hunt on down for me?
i'll defintly have the shop make custom piping for me if i dont stick with the stock piping

and has anyone ever bought headers off of ebay?? how was the quality?? these are the ones im lookin at
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8064947980&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
its a more trusted name, but what do you think?

oh and of course the miffler tip
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Stainless-Steel-Black-Chrome-Tip_W0QQitemZ8063276473QQcategoryZ33633QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
350Z_Orange_Lude said:
Why not buy a whole exhaust besides on of thos tips?
because i want a twin loop muffler, and so far im yet to see a twin loop muffler come with an entire set meant for a 4 gen prelude

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
2.2L said:
:emthup::mrgreen: KTeller all the way baby! I just got a full stainless exhaust from those guys... MANDREL BENT= ubersweet flow!

If you're looking for various used parts; however, I am selling an APEXi N1 full catback with a carsound catalytic converter if you're interested.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm
im deffinitly likeing these piping/muffler kits on kteller.com
but i got a question, kind of a noob question, but bear with me

if the tips on an exhaust are changed, will the sound change??

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
kokanee27 said:
hmm
im deffinitly likeing these piping/muffler kits on kteller.com
but i got a question, kind of a noob question, but bear with me

if the tips on an exhaust are changed, will the sound change??
no... not at all... you'd have to change the muffler or piping to get performance/sound difference. lol

and mark... u better come see my h23vtec soon! we are dropping it tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
yea in oder to change the sound you have to mess with the flow or backpressure... so if all ur adding is the little tip then it will not change the tone of your car... but if you are saying tip and meaning muffler then yes ur sound will change...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
well brit i just have to do a few adjustments on the new H22A and i should be able to come down sometime soon.....i hope ill be able to make it for your dyno run!!!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
the guy that designed kteller also designed rmf i think, if so why not just get the rmfs since those are the final version (kteller being old model im guessing). and they are both around the same price range, if you gots plenty of cash, go for smsp :devil: , lol

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
hondamanmark said:
well brit i just have to do a few adjustments on the new H22A and i should be able to come down sometime soon.....i hope ill be able to make it for your dyno run!!!!!
yay... june 1st at balanced in buford... 3pm

·
Registered
13 Posts
As for headers....dig around a bit and I bet you can root up a used DC header for 100$ (what id sell mine for if I wasnt saving for a wedding)

I wouldnt buy a "new" item from ebay unless I was ready to weld on some braces and reweld the cracks that will form....and if your welding that much you might as well make your own

As for Cats....these universal units always did good for me
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CTO%2D6907&N=115&autoview=sku

Only 60$ universal fit

If you are going to budget I wouldnt be too worried about sound with the muffler, just add a resontor as well, but all the "budget" units sound like crap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts