Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent really introduced myself, but my name is chris and i have a 1989 prelude si 4ws, ive seen pictures of accord lips and sideskirts on cardomain and searched about them on here, so i bought the sides and rear, they were pretty hard to install, the only thing i didnt like was that i had to keep the mudgaurds because the previous owner painted the car a different shade and forgot to paint under the mudguards.

for the front lip i used a lip from the older model legends
sorry for big pics

chris

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
yea i used my mud gaurds too...i think it looks more stock that way...i like it. looks very clean...drop her and give her some new shoes..

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
team123luder said:
Looks good. The front lip doesn't compliment the large sideskirts..... But it's a nice stock look though.
I agree about the front lip, doesnt really match the rest of the kit.

And I dont think it looks all that good with the mugflaps either, completely takes away from the look of the side skirts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for comments, im thinking of lowering it over the summer and getting some hx rims from a civic painted black with polished lip.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
looks good...i agree the front lip doesn't really flow well with the rest of the lip kit...oh and what kind of muffler is that?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you thought about a 86 - 87 integra lip might look good.
look on prelude3g.com mustardcat's page might be of some help
I have it on my lude it is getting put on in the shop
AWS LUDE

·
Registered
326 Posts
it doesnt look BAD with the flaps. but it owuld look better without them

and while the lip is clean, it doesnt match to rest of the kit enough, ide keep an eye out for an accord front lip and do that. it looks more sleek as the kit will flot into eachother then.

props on the nice work.

and get them underflaps painted lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the comments guys, i personally like the look if sideskirts without the mudguard but then, i would have that spot where the original paint was, also next time i wash the car i am going to armorall the inside of the fenders

·
Registered
48 Posts
But i just checked the 2006 almost look the same, i hate to mod any bodykit cz it'l cost more, just wan 2 find sumthin nice n cheap that will be a perfect fit

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Not to bad! Looks like you have some fitment issues on the lips though. The side skirts dont look straight and the rear lip has some allignment issues. Not sure about that front lip now that I look at it closer. Especialy the passenger side. Looks like it was cut then pieced back together. Planning on painting them?, you can probably hide some of the issues if you do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts