Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st part purchased back in March........

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
that shits clean man, i <3 turbo

thats a cute little intercooler u got there too. U cant fit it anywhere else to be more efficient??

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
93PreludeSi said:
that shits clean man, i <3 turbo

thats a cute little intercooler u got there too. U cant fit it anywhere else to be more efficient??
LOL, possibly in the future it may go in the Pass. side lower fender. For now were going to cut out some of the sheet metal from behind the headlight to let a bit more air thru. Our goal was to keep it clean and not cut the crap out of the car. The DSM side mount isnt the best thing out there, but its better than nothing at all.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Looks good! What kinda turbo, what kinda manifold?

That intercooler isn't going to help much if at all, dsm sidemounts heatsoak quickly even when they have full airflow, that one is stuck marinating in hot engine compartment air, with a breeze over it from behind the headlight.

Keep the boost low till you've got a real intercooler set up.

Personaly, i'd weld some plates on it and turn it into a ludespeed style air-water intercooler, and use the AC condensor (if you have one) to cool the water.

Dyno it yet?

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, a step above nothing at all...lol

The Turbo is the 1G DSM (14b) the manifold i made from the LSD log kit. ( tig welding wasnt done by me, i just fabbed the parts.

Dyno next week after i get it tuned, installed the 2-bar map tonight and replacing the O2 sensor...

We'll see how it goes afte that...

Bobnova said:
Looks good! What kinda turbo, what kinda manifold?

That intercooler isn't going to help much if at all, dsm sidemounts heatsoak quickly even when they have full airflow, that one is stuck marinating in hot engine compartment air, with a breeze over it from behind the headlight.

Keep the boost low till you've got a real intercooler set up.

Personaly, i'd weld some plates on it and turn it into a ludespeed style air-water intercooler, and use the AC condensor (if you have one) to cool the water.

Dyno it yet?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
clean install love the orange color on your car post your dyno results as soon as you get them in :)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I am in love with the color almost as much as the turbo setup! Looks superb! I just got my 14b today from my boss for free! (mad shaft play though) Please, more info on your fuel managment/tuning as I am looking to do almost the same setup.

*EDIT* sorry, I just searched and found your thread in the 3rd gen forum. Everything I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Chances are very very slim you will be able to fit that in the lower passenger side fender. I barely managed to squeeze a small oil cooler in that location.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks,

That was a major motivation in how everything went in. Gets quite hot in St.Louis...AC is needed! We tried the no power steering thing while we were re-routing the line...wasnt a whole lot of fun.

heyfrench said:
very clean install...cool to see someone go turbo and keep their A/C and P/S

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was kinda thinking the same thing....I'm air to water illiterate, I have to do a lot more investigating. The fan idea seems feasable, just not sure how effective...worth a try though.

tonybaker12 said:
Maybe, put a little electric fan on the intercooler to pull air across it.

Still, congrats on successfully going turbo.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts