Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A set of hopefully still fresh Koni Yellows in a few days, at any rate.

A question for those that already have them: What should I be looking for/what should be included? Is it anything beyond the 4 shocks themselves?

I don't know a thing about them, so any info or general advice would be most helpful.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
go new. you never know what shape they are in. its like ~500ish new. you pay 3-400 used, one blows, you could have had a new set....

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They shouldn't be that old - just a year/20k km on them, and the seller is reputable enough not to lie about that.

New parts are great, but this stuff is a bit cheaper than new :p

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
my friend bought konis with like 6k on them and one blew. that was why i was saying get new. but if you know for sure they are ok, go for it

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
buy shocks new... i got screwed over not to long ago, buying KYB AGX that were hardly used..

lets just say my stock shocks with 140k on them, retracted a hell of a lot faster then the AGX's i recieved, and this was from a "good reputable seller"

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll definitely keep you guys in mind when one of the shocks does blow so you can rightfully gloat that you warned me. :)

I'll probably still pick em up though. I'd be looking at C$800 for a new set, so I'm saving a decent bit of money here...until they blow up, of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.