Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have S2K projectors and my passenger light just suddenly went out! I switched the bulbs n ballasts but still experience the same problem. I even plugged in stock H1 bulb but has same result.:icon_frown:

Did the ballast messed up the wiring or something? both highbeam and lowbeam arent working so I don't know it's the wiring or the even the fuse. Please lend me some guidance!!:bawling:

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Check your fuse. It's a 20A I believe then double check your wiring to be sure there are no wires exposed

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the fuse is blown (it's too dark right now to go check but i'll do so tomorrow), what kind of fuse should I replace it with?

ahh ok thank you Brian!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have 2 HID kits going (1 for headlights, 1 for foglights), should I up the amp on the fuse or will 20A be enough? What other precautions should i be aware of if im running 2 HID kits? Does radioshack or autozone have the fuse? Sorry for asking so many questions...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have 2 HID kits going (1 for headlights, 1 for foglights), should I up the amp on the fuse or will 20A be enough? What other precautions should i be aware of if im running 2 HID kits? Does radioshack or autozone have the fuse? Sorry for asking so many questions...

Autozone will carry them.

Precautions? Since they are 2 individual units, each should have its own fuse. Never up the fuse higher than its mean to be. This can damage parts. In emergency situations, use a lower amp fuse (although it might blow)

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
don't use a higher amp fuse other than 20a. You don't want too much power to suddenly go through and then cause damage. If you haven't used any of your spare fuses from inside your car, then you can get new ones from AutoZone. If you're running 2 HID kits, then I'd suggest at least having a relay for your fogs. I used to have HIDs in my fogs, but I now have them in my high beams and I'm using a PnP kit for it. I'll most likely take them out and put them back in my fogs

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you everyone for your inputs!!

Where do I find the spare fuses from inside the car? Are they in the fuse box next to the driver? Do you have a diagram where it shows me how to create a relay, Brian? I've never done anything like that...thank you so much for your help.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
thank you everyone for your inputs!!

Where do I find the spare fuses from inside the car? Are they in the fuse box next to the driver? Do you have a diagram where it shows me how to create a relay, Brian? I've never done anything like that...thank you so much for your help.
yea, the spare fuses on the on fuse panel on the driverside. They'll be labeled on the cover so that you know which one to pull out. I have a friend who makes PnP harnesses for only $40 if you're interested

1 - 9 of 9 Posts