Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve been wondering since there are not that many ludes here in Iceland. Do any body, suspension, engine parts fit between the prelude and other honda cars???:???:

·
Registered
67 Posts
What kind of parts are you looking for; aftermarket, replacement?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did but couldn´t find any thing about shocks just coilovers
Correct me if I´m wrong but those are not the same thing

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
they are not the same thing...but that list wasnt pulled out of anywhere, research was done, if a part has a chance of fitting our ludes, its on there, if your part isnt on there, then oh well, i guess no interchangeable parts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but that list is since ´04 so I thought someone had an Idea about if shocks from other honda cars would fit

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
krokur said:
but that list is since ´04 so I thought someone had an Idea about if shocks from other honda cars would fit
it doesnt matter when it was made, unless somehow an 05 or 06 model had interchangeable parts...the simple fact that the moderators looked up specifications for parts to see if they would fit, tells me they found every interchangeable part that can be considered. people didnt just try parts and tell them, hey this works, put it on there! although it happened, but as far as engine and suspension components go, we have the oddball honda engine, and better handling then any honda during that time, so why switch out better parts for worse parts? my .02

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
91_2.0_Si said:
the simple fact that the moderators looked up specifications for parts to see if they would fit, tells me they found every interchangeable part that can be considered. people didnt just try parts and tell them, hey this works, put it on there!
are you quite certain about that?
I'm not.
I very much doubt the mods here managed to get all of those parts themselves and try every single one ot make sure they fit. And then got every other car part in existence and made sure none of the rest would fit.

That is a very naive thing to assume.
It's a list of supposedly known fitting parts.
It can't be exhaustive.... ever.
It only takes someone to find a part that no-one else has tried yet for that list to be outdated.

I'm sure the mods who put that list up don't want the hassle if one of those parts doesn't quite fit for example.

Now forgive me for not looking to see for sure but I doubt the Civic top mount bushes are on that list.
Just an example.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finally someone on my side:) so everybody who know something about this matter hereby come forward and share your wisdom

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I'm on no-ones side !
Taking sides is for fools/the weak who aren't happy with their own identity.

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
88SE Lude said:
are you quite certain about that?
I'm not.
I very much doubt the mods here managed to get all of those parts themselves and try every single one ot make sure they fit. And then got every other car part in existence and made sure none of the rest would fit.

That is a very naive thing to assume.
It's a list of supposedly known fitting parts.
It can't be exhaustive.... ever.
It only takes someone to find a part that no-one else has tried yet for that list to be outdated.

I'm sure the mods who put that list up don't want the hassle if one of those parts doesn't quite fit for example.

Now forgive me for not looking to see for sure but I doubt the Civic top mount bushes are on that list.
Just an example.
haha, you cut off my quote
the simple fact that the moderators looked up specifications for parts to see if they would fit, tells me they found every interchangeable part that can be considered. people didnt just try parts and tell them, hey this works, put it on there! although it happened,
thats what i originally said...just take the freaking time to actually read the parts list, they state at the top they have not tried all of the interchangeable parts so they cant be certain 100% they fit, but they looked up the specs. of the certain parts and made sure the specs. matched up with the ludes specs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
88SE Lude said:
I'm on no-ones side !
Taking sides is for fools/the weak who aren't happy with their own identity.
do you know the word joke??

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.