Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parking Brake warning light on when engage in R, D or S

I am a little bit confuse with my Parking Light warning mystery.

Symptoms:

Parking brake warning light ON whenever I engage in Drive or Reverse, it is off when in Neutral or Park.

This triggers my ALB warning light ON, after a minutes or so.

What I checked so far:

> Checked and tested the brake fluid level sensor, it is OK.
> Check rear Brake lights - all working ok

I could not think of anything else.

I am wondering what is the link of engaging in gear (Drive or Reverse) that could trigger the Parking Light warning. :confused:

Appreciate for any advice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
duckeedoug

How long has this been happening? Did you or someone make any electrical modifications? Sounds like something is back feeding a circuit which is energizing the circuit that the parking light is on. Without seeing the vehicle or studying the wiring diagram you may want to put the car in drive/reverse(engine off and wheels chocked) and start pulling fuses to see if you can narrow down the circuit.

If I was to take a guess I would say that it is probably related to to the neutral safety switch, which is a pure guess

This is the only advice that I can offer at this time

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Duckeedough !

I am not too sure how long... I bought this car not running and I have been restoring it to its original for the last 3 years.... coming nicely :)

I swaped engine with my old car. I started the engine and run abit and then I noticed this problem.

You are right! Yes, I did some wirings :)

1) I removed its very old aftermarket alarm system. May be I screw up some ground wires there (?)

2) I wired foglight to OEM Fuse 9 circuit diagram as in workshop manual, it is quite simple no grounding involved. I did this with my old car and works perfect.

3) I wired a DRL relay to have two triggers i.e. ACC and Key light relay (which fades slowly after driver car door closed).

I didn't think it touch anything to parking brake ground. But, in saying that, I take your advice and will check all my custom wiring again.

The mystery is that the Parking Light warning works as ok (i.e. turn off if I relive the parking brake) when I put it in Park or Neutral. It only turned on when I move to Reverse, Drive or S2/S3.

I swapped the TCU, it does not make any different.

Maybe my ABS ECU goes bad ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts