Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be ok to paint a battery black?????

I'm bored and i think it would clean the engine bay up a bit, or would it be to ricey lol

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yes, it's fine.

It probably would wind up looking ricey, though.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Maybe flat black or something with low gloss but I would go painting it gloss black, that could look kinda "ricey" IMO

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What the hell? How is it "ricey"? Batteries already come in all black???? Unless you get an Optima or Interstate. Most OEM are black or have a black case around them...

yeah i have a interstate batter lol its white and black but i think an oem trim black would look buch better i just finished cleaning it so i will take before and after pics:D

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
What the hell? How is it "ricey"? Batteries already come in all black???? Unless you get an Optima or Interstate. Most OEM are black or have a black case around them...
Thats why I said not glossy, not many parts in our engine bay are shiny so if there's this extremely glossy battery just chillin there I think it would look really tacky. I guess ricey was a bad adjective lol

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Oh my god. People have to stop using the term "rice". Or, at least stop asking people if they think something is "rice". If you like how it looks, do it.

It is possible. I'd probably use some paint made for plastic if I were you.

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
lol it really wouldn't be to hard either already have 4 gauge cables going back there to my subs but i would need something for the negative
i just had extra guage wire sitting around as well, just did the relocation yesterday.

it really balanced the car back out, since i removed the spare tire (30lbs)and Jack/Tools (5lbs), plus a 2-3lb back seat brace

Battery wieghed 38lbs... :headbang:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Good thing that looks so "RICEY"...

;alskdjf;alksdjf;alksdfja;lkdsjfa;lsdkjf;alsdkjfa;lsdkjf

I F***ING hate the word RICEY. It's a black battery, the damn radiator hoses are gloss black which makes them ricey, the A/C hoses are gloss black, the alternator cable cover over the VC is gloss black!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the top of the radiator is gloss black.

To hell with rice....

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Good thing that looks so "RICEY"...

;alskdjf;alksdjf;alksdfja;lkdsjfa;lsdkjf;alsdkjfa;lsdkjf

I F***ING hate the word RICEY. It's a black battery, the damn radiator hoses are gloss black which makes them ricey, the A/C hoses are gloss black, the alternator cable cover over the VC is gloss black!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the top of the radiator is gloss black.

To hell with rice....
Lol dude, those are definitely not very glossy, maybe semi-gloss but not high gloss, which would be like car paint or something with clear coat. I think it looks great how he did it, I was thinking trim paint would be best too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts