Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i lost control of my 3g:-(, luckly enough there was not lot of damage done. the right front corner of the car was a bit damaged and would require for me to replace the front bumper and the right marker. now my question is when i replace the bumper approximatly how much would anyone charge me to get the bumper painted the same color as the car?
which the color is white. thanks for any help

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
if it's not a pearl, it shouldn't cost all the much to have a new bumper repainted. I'm guessing $150 give or take to do everything

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Dude just do it urself. A LITTLE 500 grit sandpaper and some water for wetsanding then go get some rattlecan version of your paint and spray about 2 or 3 coats on thats what im doing to the 3g bbumper that im puttinng onn my 2g right now lol ill prob have myne painted by monday
Posted via Mobile

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
please dont rattle can it. the legit rattle cans of matching paint are almost 20 bucks a can for base and 24 for clear. thats 88 in supplies if you bought 2 of each which you will need. thats not including primer, sandpaper, time, effort. and it wont come out anywhere near as nice as paying someone an extra $75-100 to spray it with a gun...

·
Registered
186 Posts
no the rattle can works good. go to your model shop and pick up model masters testors ultra gloss clear. I just did this to a 3rd gen head light cover. sand ALL the paint and primer off then gradually work your way u[p the sandpaper grit until desired smoothness is achieved. then lay 2 or 3 coats of primer then wet sand with a 500- 1600 grit sandpaper. then get the paint that matches ur car spray 2-3 coats also. wet sand lightly. then use that testors paint and lay down 3-5 coats and it should look just like the paint on ur car if done right. :fight:touche

·
Registered
186 Posts
i also forgot to mention that u can do it with walmart paint or auto paint from advanced (4.99 a can) and it has to be as smooth as a babys botom befor u clear it. :mrgreen:

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
a headlight cover is not a bumper that deals with stress and all other kinds of beatings.

just take it to a body shop and have it resprayed for $150. or dont do it until you can afford to.

·
Registered
852 Posts
do it urself

·
Registered
186 Posts
actually i did the headlight cover to see how it would look. i plan on doing the whole car. if it comes out good ill keep it if the car comes out like crap ill have someone paint it. but it does work if you have the patients. but i do see where ur coming from

·
Registered
124 Posts
PAY THE PROFESSIONAL! less headache, it will be right. any body man will do it after hours to pocket a quick 150.

i tried to skimp on doing the sanding and primer, basically everything but the paint and clear on a full paint job. it looked great for about 6 months, then all the fish-eyes and orange peel started comin through. from head-turner to OMG! in 6months. 700+ dollars down the turlet.

pay a professional.

·
Registered
186 Posts
well i see what u guys are saying and i compleatly understand but if u use enough coats of clear the chips and fish eyes wont happen but in short its ur call weather u want to do it urself or pay the professional.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Dude just do it urself. A LITTLE 500 grit sandpaper and some water for wetsanding then go get some rattlecan version of your paint and spray about 2 or 3 coats on thats what im doing to the 3g bbumper that im puttinng onn my 2g right now lol ill prob have myne painted by monday
Posted via Mobile
You have to be retarted, 500 grit?? that will take forever to take the clear coat down enough to get the paint to stick.

·
Registered
186 Posts
well i understood what he meant. some sandpaper companys go by different grit. 3m has a 500 grit thats garbage. its very rough. but i also have auto sand paper that 500 grit is smooth. so it all depends on what you buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts