Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was mostly done to finally repair ugly cigarette burns in the shifter console (not MINE) I used Duplicolor graphite wheel enamel. I would have preferred Krylon's Fusion paint for plastic but I didn't see a color I liked. I'm happy with the results and I like the finish this paint gives. It has a nice even semi-gloss finish.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
wow it looks good. they usually come out like crap but i guess cause you chose a good color. Good job

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
I have to be honest when I saw the title, painted centre console I was like, here we go another bright red centre console, but actually that looks really mint, will you do mine?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice. Never would have thought to use wheel enamel.

·
12,918 Posts
Yeah i was expecting some bright ass red or white thing until I saw your name haha.. krylon fusion paint for plastic sucks.. u can scratch it off with your finger nails.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
OMG that's dope! I thought of doing that, but I couldn't think of a color that wouldn't look teh gay. I hope you don't get pissed off at me if I totally bite that. I might go darker, though. Is there a wheel enamel darker than graphite? Besides black?

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
zzz-SR said:
did u apply primer beofre and clear coat after? did u wet sand anything or just wipe it down?
Nope... no primer or clearcoat. I only sanded the shifter console where I filled the cigarette burns. I cleaned the hell out of the plastic parts to get rid of any Armorall type protectant residue. I still had a few spots where I began to get "fish eyes". I immediately wiped the part down with thinner and re-did them. Of course, all the pieces were removed from the car for painting. By the way...the paint I used almost matches the paint used on the plastic surround of my Panasonic head unit.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
That looks REALLY good. Same look as many NEW cars, great contrast to the black int. Curious to se how it stands up to wear & tear.

I used Fusion on my front lip, no problems yet, and I didn't even do any prep on it just wiped it down good. 1st tried Plastikote for "flexible" trim, crap flaked right off.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Looks good!

Guess we are a little rice, but ours goes with the whole "theme" of the car per say...since we put new inserts int the seats also...

And no more comments about my 5lb keys....:)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Dano, it looks great has that new car interior look to it. & Bgerk that interior is crazy! Is that a leather armrest i c? i have one to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts