Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking to get my Lude painted and the USUAL HONDA RUST fixed! Both wheels wells are rusted. Other than that the car is almost mint!

So whats a good price to get that done and the car painted the same color white?? Well maybe a metal flake white or just a brighter white??

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
shop around... try to check out some cars that he painted, check the quality of his work.... you can get a paint job from 500-5000 depends on what you want to spend

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True that!

Yea i know about the spending part but just curious if i can get someting decent for around 3K Hate leaving my car for that long!!

Its like a girlfriend---Hate to leave them because you never know what a guys going to try and do to her!! LOL

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
yea thats some shit two tone lude, the guy that did mine was great just took him so damn long to get it done, luckly i have other rides..... but dont rush into something just because the prices seems right.... u'll end up with a 1500 macco speacial (however u spell it)

·
Registered
19 Posts
350Z_Orange_Lude said:
yea thats some shit two tone lude, the guy that did mine was great just took him so damn long to get it done, luckly i have other rides..... but dont rush into something just because the prices seems right.... u'll end up with a 1500 macco speacial (however u spell it)
what's wrong with maaco? i was gonna go there..

·
Registered
688 Posts
it lasts about a year and a half and starts to peel and flake

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!!

Hey thanks for all the help!! I have a couple picked and the one guy does lots of hot rods and street machines! The other i don't know!! Have to get an appt!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
i used sikkens on my car and its about as good as it gets but kind of pricey but definatly worth it i got mass complements on it but definatly look at some of his previous jobs in the edges and seems

·
Registered
35 Posts
i am currently painting my car right now me and my dad are doing all the body work and he is ganna spray it for me. i decided to go with neptunes jewel a shade of blue by dupont from there hot hues line. i have spent around 700 - 800 dollars in sand paper primer paint reducer clear coat and other suplies.... if you decide to do it yourself just remember a paint job can only look as good as the body work behind it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts