Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got one for one helluva deal. should i paint it or leave it black when my car gets painted. sides and rear lips are gonna be painted, not the factoykit just the dinky shit until i can afford the real deal

anyways throw up some pics of some painted and not

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
paint

only thing i think should not be painted ever is carbon fiber... leaving it black just puts it in the same league as those civics driving around with unpainted bodykits cuz those kids don't quite have the loot to paint the whole car yet.

just my opinion tho :)

edit:
WOAH WOAH WOAH is that your lude with a mugen front bumper down there in the sig? if so... nevermind the greddy lip man, just leave it how it is. If you got the lip for a good deal you could prolly make money off it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
LudeNLascivious said:
paint
If you got the lip for a good deal you could prolly make money off it.
if that is your car in your sig, and you decide to leave it like that, let me know how much for the greddy lip....i may be interested

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already sold my mugen front. i hit a tree stump and some local guy with a same color lude wanted to trade cause he did body work and im lazy lol

i paid 200 bucks for CF hood and a greddy lip...tell me if it was a deal

however i dont have anything greddy on my car, what should i use to fill in the greddy before i paint the car? it MIGHT go in the shop monday evening.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
beau carney said:
i already sold my mugen front. i hit a tree stump and some local guy with a same color lude wanted to trade cause he did body work and im lazy lol

however i dont have anything greddy on my car, what should i use to fill in the greddy before i paint the car? it MIGHT go in the shop monday evening.
Damn, that's a bad ass deal. Wait, what kind of CF hood is it? A VIS or just some cheapo kind? Either way, that's still a great deal. I would suggest painting the front lip

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my car gone through alot in the last year

here it is before

then i got a hood

then i dont have pics inbetween

but here is it now lol (waiting on my swap to come in, dont worry)

oh and that is the excact same hood that is going back on the car

kid lost his car and sold me the hood, lip, and intake manifold

oh and that is the excact same hood that is going back on the car

kid lost his car and sold me the hood, lip, and intake manifold

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
what was wrong with your old motor?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
beau carney said:

Aw man that sucks about the Mugen front... those are definitely my favorite.

Well, anyways it sounds like you got the deal of the day.

Definitely paint it IMO... Bondo might do a good job of filling in the "Greddy", or there's this purple shit I got one time I forget what it's called but it works wonders. The paint shop might know what I'm talkin about... but it might come out wavy and I dunno about you but I have a HUGE pet peive with wavy body parts. I'd rather have a big "greddy" than a wavy front lip.

Regardless of what you do, make sure the lip isn't already installed when it gets painted... have them install it afterward so that there's no old paint spots on the bottom part of the bumper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
beau carney said:
is the lip fiberglass? sand it so its rough to the touch then just filll it with with fiberglass resin then sand it down till its smooth

if its plastic, SEM makes this shit called "problem plastic repair", which is excellent, kinda expensive but worth it. it works wonders on plastic. of course you would want to sand it rough first before using it.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
i dont understand what is going on with this black lip phase. If its not CF, you have no reason not to paint it.

my .02 cents

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dunno what it is. i know it is a true greddy lip. one of my buddies went to cali and picked it up for the guy i got it from. im sure ill get it painted, but i wanna get that shit filled in.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If it's a real greddy lip its urethane. Pick it up and wobble it in the air, it'll flex a LOT... and the underside of it is black and smooth, and if you take a razor to it... it should be black.

If you look at the underside and it has all these lines and its very rough, then its fiberglass but I doubt that's the case.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
2.2L said:
i dont understand what is going on with this black lip phase. If its not CF, you have no reason not to paint it.

my .02 cents
I couldn't agree with you any more. Also, you should just have the shop that is doing the painting fill in the Greddy logo for you. Yeah, definately have that filled in unless you're gonna be sporting a Greddy turbo kit. An exhaust alone isn't enough to justify that gigantic logo across your bumper IMO.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Here's a pic of the Greddy lip with the letters shaved and painted :emthup:

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts