Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to you guys running obd1, can you please clarify for me if I need to bypass the starter cut on my immobilizer when installing a chipped p28? from what I recall, when I tried to put a different obd2 ecu in before the starter still cranks, but there was just no fuel. I know its not hard to bypass it, but I'd rather not hack up wires if I don't have to, and it'd be good to know before buying everything I have planned. thanks!

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
to you guys running obd1, can you please clarify for me if I need to bypass the starter cut on my immobilizer when installing a chipped p28? from what I recall, when I tried to put a different obd2 ecu in before the starter still cranks, but there was just no fuel. I know its not hard to bypass it, but I'd rather not hack up wires if I don't have to, and it'd be good to know before buying everything I have planned. thanks!
You don't need to bypass anything, man. Just make sure you get the correct OBD2 to OBD1 cable. I can't remember if it's OBD2A or OBD2B, you'll have to do a quick Google search if you don't know.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need to bypass anything, man. Just make sure you get the correct OBD2 to OBD1 cable. I can't remember if it's OBD2A or OBD2B, you'll have to do a quick Google search if you don't know.
sweet thanks what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure.

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
sweet thanks what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure.
No problem. The stock ECU has to receive the correct code from the transponder unit in order for it to allow the car to start. The P28 won't need a code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts