haha he thought he was gona win :flipa:

- first time i was in 3rd from a 40 roll and downshifted on 3rd beep
- second time i left it in 2nd which proved to be better

i want to try and brake boost in 3rd doin 40 hmmmm

my car has a weak spark rite now too so it was mis firing now and then

·
Registered
409 Posts
thankyou!!! god i hate neons, i saw the thread on your bike, its lookin nice!!

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Change the spark plugs bryan. Mine was doing the same thing, kills power bad, you hit boost cut easy, it sucks. Brake boost you'll love it, just be careful to not hold it to long. Its an easy way to blow a vaccum hose. I've done it a couple times, holy shit does it take off quick. I amost got jdmtyperaccord to crap his pants. lol

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I should show my brother this video. I dont think he's gonna like it. lol
Good kill. By stock do they mean stock turbo with just bolt ons?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guy said it was stock but i trapped 110, they only trap just over 100, maybe 102 104 and i only had him by a car length so i assume he had some bolt ons, i never looked under the hood.

yes i hate neons too thats why i wanted to race him lol

Yea new plugs cap/rotor and it still does it... needs a coil and igniter about $350 new gota do what you gota dooo. Yea i wana try brake boosting... never done it before :)

yea the bike is lookin real good, man i love that thing haha

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Hmmm, if its still doing it after you replace the stuff you need to try degapping the plugs a little. I had to with mine, yeah you'll get a little popping like noise at idle but it will help from hitting boost cut so easy. The reason it pops is because your decreasing the spark but it starts up just fine. Just a try for you I guess, works well for me.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Nice kill. This gets me pumped up for the summer months.

That srt-4 could have been on the stock turbo. Did he tell you anything about his mods? Stage 1,2,3. Was he running HOM etc. Did he pop his hood lol. If it was a stage 3 with toys, on (HOM) high octane mode they can make pretty decent power. I have seen quite a few stage 3 srt-4's making over 310whp, and over 340wtq heh. It would make sense as well with how bad he starts falling off in the higher rpm. It definatly wasn't bone stock. Even BONE stock at over 20psi they are nothing crazy, or enough to keep up with your car at 333whp. My buddy's stage 1 at 19-21psi made 25xwhp and 27xwtq

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
They do good for just bolt on's. My brothers with stage 2 tune, i/e/intercooler dynoed ~270whp somthing and almost 310wtq. Stock turbo is tiny. It runs out of breath uptop and is topped out at about 300whp. But it spools quick and makes ample torque and a good power band.

·
Registered
24 Posts
whoa ur car is fast

·
Registered
7 Posts
i didnt see any owning. ps neons are fast dont be so quick to say they suck. if you have a 98-00 model, and throw in a 200$ moto-ring for the intake valve, and a drop-in k&n cold air intake you will get at least an xtra 100 hp. :tounge2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
i didnt see any owning. ps neons are fast dont be so quick to say they suck. if you have a 98-00 model, and throw in a 200$ moto-ring for the intake valve, and a drop-in k&n cold air intake you will get at least an xtra 100 hp. :tounge2:
I don't know much about srt-4's but that honda is vtec, which is what makes it so quick. I believe it works by the intake butterfly valves spinning the rear main seal and pumping in more gasoline to the pistons, causing them to pump harder, therefore increasing thrust and linear combustion.

And I don't think the 98 neons were turboed, so i dont know if they have that intake valve ring you speak of. But you sound like you know your stuff. You learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I don't know, but the OP shoulda relplaced his flux capacitor and muffler bearings to solve his spark issue. Then he REALLY woulda smoked the bejesus outta that SRT4.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude i kno the muffler bearings went out last week i got replace them so i can use my washer fluid

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Nice kill. This gets me pumped up for the summer months.

That srt-4 could have been on the stock turbo. Did he tell you anything about his mods? Stage 1,2,3. Was he running HOM etc. Did he pop his hood lol. If it was a stage 3 with toys, on (HOM) high octane mode they can make pretty decent power. I have seen quite a few stage 3 srt-4's making over 310whp, and over 340wtq heh. It would make sense as well with how bad he starts falling off in the higher rpm. It definatly wasn't bone stock. Even BONE stock at over 20psi they are nothing crazy, or enough to keep up with your car at 333whp. My buddy's stage 1 at 19-21psi made 25xwhp and 27xwtq
That is exactly what i was thinking. That neon is not bone stock. It definately has some decent upgrades. The guy was probably shocked. A stock srt4 is just slightly faster than a stock prelude. It would have looked like that race stock vs stock except the srt4 would be the one pulling slightly away.

·
Registered
24 Posts
dude i kno the muffler bearings went out last week i got replace them so i can use my washer fluid
I don't think that would be the problem, the muffler has little to do with your washer fluid. But my buddy rooted his washer fluid nozzel into his exhaust and fills it with some kind of gas or something and it shoots flames out of his rear catalytic muffler. Looks so sick :Rock:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Don't you mean you need to change your headlight fluid?

I don't think that would be the problem, the muffler has little to do with your washer fluid. But my buddy rooted his washer fluid nozzel into his exhaust and fills it with some kind of gas or something and it shoots flames out of his rear catalytic muffler. Looks so sick :Rock:
WTF are you talking about dude? We are joking. I started talking about muffler bearings, headlight fluid, and flux capacitors, because they are all made-up, non-existant parts. I was busting your balls because your definition of how VTEC works was WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY off. There is a 3rd lobe on the camshafts that opens the intake and exhaust valves more to allow more fuel\air into the engine and more exhaust gases to leave the engine. It is all controlled by the ECU that runs the VTEC solenoid, which uses oil pressure to engage that 3rd lobe on the camshafts. That is the simple explanation. Just wanted to let you know, so you don't sound so uninformed. Internet people are ruthless, and will cut you down for giving a false explanation like that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't you mean you need to change your headlight fluid?

WTF are you talking about dude? We are joking. I started talking about muffler bearings, headlight fluid, and flux capacitors, because they are all made-up, non-existant parts. I was busting your balls because your definition of how VTEC works was WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY off. There is a 3rd lobe on the camshafts that opens the intake and exhaust valves more to allow more fuel\air into the engine and more exhaust gases to leave the engine. It is all controlled by the ECU that runs the VTEC solenoid, which uses oil pressure to engage that 3rd lobe on the camshafts. That is the simple explanation. Just wanted to let you know, so you don't sound so uninformed. Internet people are ruthless, and will cut you down for giving a false explanation like that.
I don't think u understand. I have seen the flames in person, i will gets pics if u don't believe me, it shoots flames straight out about a foot. But thanks for making yourself look like a fool by correcting me ONE SOMETHING I'VE SEEN IN PERSON.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.