Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2g prelude, and the rad fan is broken. I drove it around for a bit but it overheated, and now the heat doesn't work and the battery light is on. Any idea on what might've happened? I've got the A18 under the hood.

Also, is there anyone selling a radiator or rad fan? Alternatively, does anyone know of one that will fit my car? Thanks guys.

Registered
Heat not working --> is there any/enough coolant left? When the coolant evaporated when it overheated there obviously is no coolant to go trough the heater unit therfore the heater not working.
Battery light --> sound like you overheated real bad and your waterpump exploded.....the alternator is driven by the same belt as the water pump. Did you look at the belt if it possibly snapped or if it is turning freely when the car is running?

I have a original working fan + a little rusty shroud I would part with for pocket change, but I am in Austria so shipping across the globe to canada would suck ass. But check out this facebook group: here it's the main meeting point for us 2G guys nowadays, as this forum is pretty dead. There are guys from Canada like Timo or Anton that should probably have a fan for you laying around.
Alternativly you can just get any random electric fan and mount it up.
Rockauto.com has new radiators one full aluminium from LilandGlobal which I can highly recommend and one copper one. Or you can get your old radiator rebuilt at a radiator shop馃憤

Registered
Just bought a 2g prelude, and the rad fan is broken. I drove it around for a bit but it overheated, and now the heat doesn't work and the battery light is on. Any idea on what might've happened? I've got the A18 under the hood.

Also, is there anyone selling a radiator or rad fan? Alternatively, does anyone know of one that will fit my car? Thanks guys.
Also pit direct power to the fan to make sure its the fan that is broken! Could also be the switch that turns it on (sits right under the fan in the radiator) or just the fan relay (sits in the engine bay fuze box)

Registered
I had to replace my fan motor for both the auxiliary and the radiator fan. You could try pick n pulls (where I got my auxiliary one) or order the motor online. It鈥檚 actually easy to replace for a SI. Can鈥檛 speak for the DX. But you will have to splice wires which is actually pretty easy. Unfortunately you may have to modify the motor to fit on the shroud or bracket, I used a billion zip ties and it鈥檚 working great so far. Ordered a different motor though to see if it fits better without zip ties. It鈥檚 a pain aligning the motor but it does work.
Bicycle part Electrical wiring Cable Rim Fender

1 - 5 of 5 Posts