Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday it was in the 60s and saw some water and thought it was water from the car wash I just got back from not too long ago and didn't think anything of it. Earlier today I got back from school and parked my car for a few minutes and then I had to get to work so quickly got back out and drove off... Few minutes later my dad calls and said your car puked coolant in my driveway. I freak out look at my temp gauge and it's at like 70% and rising so I pull over let it cool down and it left another huge coolant spot a little farther back past the engine block not sure where it was coming from but there was a ton... This al happened an hour ago and I'm planning on picking my car up later tonight when it cools off. Any ideas what this could be???

·
Registered
675 Posts
Find the leak. Like I said in the other thread. If it's that big of a leak and you already overheated it I wouldn't be driving it anymore. Unless you just want to have to buy a new engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It only leaks when it gets driven and I can't find the leak anywhere! My dad thinks the thermostat went bad and I hope that's it because that's cheapest

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thermostat froze closed overheats but doesn't leak.

Here is what you said in the other thread.

I've put over 1300 dollars into this car and it keeps breaking..... It's been in the 60s all week and I've been driving my car with no issues of in not starting. But yesterday it left a bunch of coolant in the driveway after I got done driving it but the temp needle was fine. Then today I got a call from my dad saying after I left to go to practice it left another puddle I looked down and my temp is rising and gets to the top before I pull over.. And I'm not sure what going on but I haven't gone even half a month without it breaking... It almost went a whole week I'm so tired of this anyone know what it could be this time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts