Honda Prelude Forum banner

37701 - 37720 of 37722 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
I'm still fucking with my Prelude...

Was installing power folding mirrors yesterday, realized I've recently driven the Mugen to 262,000 miles....and the Prelude sits at 162,000. Oops.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,340 Posts
E39 Touring would be awesome. E30s are nice but that shit's getting so old now... although I am continually amazed at how the shit on my '93 keeps coming apart and usually without much of a fight so maybe it doesn't matter too much anyway...

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Only thing I would like more for a German wagon would be an E30 or E36 wagon(I wish MB had made a W201 wagon though) I just don't wanna find an import.

I want to find a cleanish E39 touring and LS swap it as my maybe final daily.

·
4,340 Posts
That would be a gross daily, dude. Just gross. The only thing I'd LS swap is a toilet. Think I'll do that now, actually...

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Find me a cheap, reliable and easy to swap BMW v8 with a manual I can put in a 20 year old wagon that would be better?

·
4,340 Posts
Yeah but... the wagons? I think you know what that means...

·
4,340 Posts
Well that's exciting! I'm guessing it's a 318?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
325i but I’ve got a new diff (3.73) and a few other things to put on it. Just had no motivation for it. Instead been dumping money into the Tacoma. Preordered a wedge camper shell and I’m prepping for solar so I can disappear for a week or so at a time

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
I love me some wagons. Got two Subaru wagons in the driveway right now.
Is one not running 😐😂

Is convertible and needs more power. I drove my prelude on Friday though. Doing emission things on it tomorrow and then I can daily it again. In the driveway because wfh :/

:Alonehappy: prelude driving!

Mine is sitting in the garage after 4 years of storage. Pretty sure the piston rings are done.. much of it is taken apart as i jump from one small project to the next.

·
4,340 Posts
That's the worst, having multiple shit apart. I'm forcing myself to finish the E36 (doing the head gasket) before I get going on anything else. Waiting on parts sure sucks 'cause I ~could~ be doing something else, but whatevs. Open up another can of shit just to have two disabled cars in my garage? No thanks.

2.5 in an E30 sounds fun. I love my M50. Best sounding engine I ever had and it's all stock except for an intake. Can't wait to hear it with the new catback that's on its way here... damn thing will probably get here before my head gasket and lifters do:/

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
I passed inspection back in Feb. So i have 2 years to dick around and do whatever i want before it needs to be legal and roadworthy again. The painful cycle I've been pushing through for 8 years.

I didnt actually start working on anything until May.

Jrsc finally came back from warranty work (sent out in feb, just got back late May?)

Started a power folding mirror install which had faulty mirrors, just got refunded and replacement mirrors 2 weeks ago.

Had an evap code, took everything apart, found/fixed the issues and now need to rewire/install.

Removed digital oil gauge and installed a mechanical.

Removed all the ehps wiring so i can redo it

Finally replaced my speakers

😂😂 actually looking at it in list form, i dug my own grave

·
4,340 Posts
Brutal. Yeah, that's a lot. When did you get your JRSC that you still had warranty on it!? And what did they do? I've got a JRSC for my Civic that I never put on (guy gave me the RSX manifold even though I asked for the EP3 one) and I need to get the rotors recoated or whatever they do. Been sitting on that kit for like five years now bleh.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Is one not running 😐😂
LMAO, one is not running. The Outback still needs HGs. It's engine is more than half pulled, but the dowels are pretty seized. I wanna drive it again though!

Stupid boring ass Impreza has had almost zero problems though aside from stupid shit. BRZ has been flawless aside from getting crashed into again.

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Brutal. Yeah, that's a lot. When did you get your JRSC that you still had warranty on it!? And what did they do? I've got a JRSC for my Civic that I never put on (guy gave me the RSX manifold even though I asked for the EP3 one) and I need to get the rotors recoated or whatever they do. Been sitting on that kit for like five years now bleh.
I had it ported and rebuilt. So made it in under the 6 month parts warranty through the shop. Fucker was pissing the first day i drove it.

This is the same JRSC I purchased from Rash back in 2012ish

LMAO, one is not running. The Outback still needs HGs. It's engine is more than half pulled, but the dowels are pretty seized. I wanna drive it again though!

Stupid boring ass Impreza has had almost zero problems though aside from stupid shit. BRZ has been flawless aside from getting crashed into again.
No more Camaro? Last you were here you had that, the 3g which I'm sure is gone, and a miata.

Brz is comfy but man that back window is tough to see out of

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I had it ported and rebuilt. So made it in under the 6 month parts warranty through the shop. Fucker was pissing the first day i drove it.

This is the same JRSC I purchased from Rash back in 2012ish

No more Camaro? Last you were here you had that, the 3g which I'm sure is gone, and a miata.

Brz is comfy but man that back window is tough to see out of
Still got the Camaro, but now we have the BRZ, an Impreza wagon and a 1st Gen Outback.

Prelude got sold to my brother after he got out of the Army and needed a car. I sold the Miata because I took a new job and needed something more reliable. It just needed too much work and stuff was leaking, the ac went out, the top started getting holes and the rear subframe was bent after hitting a curb.

37701 - 37720 of 37722 Posts