Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda sucked that the only clean run we got was the roll race, lol. Oh well. Here is the story:

I had told charles on preludepower that i was in town and that i wanted to go again. He replies back to me and we get things setup. We had to move quick cuz time was short since he had to go to work or something.

Anyway, we go out to **** road and do our first race.

From a roll at about 40mph.

3 honks....(o)(o)...(o)(o)....(o)(o)....2nd gear ends real quick, we both shift to 3rd. We are dead even at this point and just start to slowly pull as i go through 3rd gear. We shut down soon after since there is no point in going any faster.

I cant even remember how many stop races we did. I think 3, lol. They all had relatively the same outcomes.

Before i had left for tally, i thought i had raised my two step from 4k to 5k. But i didnt install the plugins that allows me to change it so that kinda sucked and played a huge factor with me getting off the line with these big ass tires.

NOTE:
I dont remember which races happened first so STFU!

Stop races 1,2, or 3:
3 honks....2-step at 4k...(o)(o)...(o)(o)....(o)(o)....Charles tires blow a little smoke as he jumps me off the line by 1/2 car. I shift into 2nd and start to reel him in. Right before i shift into 3rd I hear charles hit fuel cut and i take the lead :whip :eek:wned

3 honks....2-step at 4k...(o)(o)...(o)(o)....(o)(o)...once again charles gets the jump on me as i bog (damn these wide tires =)), then i hit MAD VTECH and get door to door with him after i shift into 2nd. 3rd gear comes around and i start to slowly pull away....MIL shift light comes on at 7500 and i bang 4th gear and continue to slowly pull.

3 honks....2-step at 4k...(o)(o)...(o)(o)....(o)(o)...at this launch, i dunno if charles was just slow off the line or what, but it was pretty even off the launch. Shift light comes on at 7500 and i snag 2nd gear (nothing but traction on this shift, cant even bark the tires) that shift felt very powerful and i took the lead shortly before shifting into 3rd and the rest is history.

All in all, i need to raise my two step and actually tune my car. No excuses for me but my timing maps are VERY conservative and i havent tuned my low cam fuel whatsoever. Charles needs to get his shit up to eagle status and let me get my ITB's on and tune and i think it would be a very good race.

VIDEO:
http://turbov6camaro.com/WickedlyTweaked/

"Blake and Charles"

mods on lude:
* Custom CAI (soon to be Custom Hayabusa Individual Throttle Bodies)
* Custom RMF 4-1 Header
* 2.5" Magnaflow High Flow Cat
* H23 Manual Tensioner Conversion
* AEM Fuel Rail
* B&M Fuel Pressure regulator
* B&M Fuel Pressure Gauge
* Custom Goodridge Stainless Steel Fuel line
* Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts
* NGK Plugs and NGK Plug Wires
* Dynamax semi-ceramic clutch
* P28 Ecu
* Crome Engine Management
* Boomslang OBD2A-OBD1 Conversion Harness
* JAZ Motorsports Oil Catch Can
* Tein HA Coilovers w/ Pillowball Mounts
* SPC Front Camber Kit
* BFGoodrich KWD2 225/45/16

mods on Spec V:
Nismo STS/CAI/Header
MR midpipe
GReddy EvoII
ES MMi
Grounded Knock Sensor
TBBP
Bored TB
Koni Yellows
Pro-kits
17'' RSL Concept Pro
225/45 BFG KDW2
SAFCII
JWT BSr/Cams/Valve Springs
Port & Polished Head
Port matched LIM&Header

·
Registered
848 Posts
DAMN NICE ROAD!!! in the first race in your vid (roll race), that was 40 to what mph? Also, were you alone? could have been why you pulled him.

re-watched it and yeah, u were alone

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
nice runs. good to see some nice daytime vids. the lude is looking nice, what happened to the black rims ?/

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N/Apower said:
DAMN NICE ROAD!!! in the first race in your vid (roll race), that was 40 to what mph? Also, were you alone? could have been why you pulled him.

re-watched it and yeah, u were alone
it was somewhere around 40, i was in second at about 5000 i think, lol. It sure didnt help charles that chris was also with him as the camera guy. Then again it didnt help me that i couldnt get off the line with my 2 step set too low.

that car has a shit ton of torque.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
shit...yeah. I am PISSED that I f'ed every dig run. Good runs Blake.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
We should have another vid in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
nice vid :emthup:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
2.2L said:
our next race should be pretty exciting to watch :smilejap:
osp hung pretty damn good against your 268 whp power lude:) i think im gonna have to make a trip to FL to have you tune my car.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
91preyludesi said:
osp hung pretty damn good against your 268 whp power lude:) i think im gonna have to make a trip to FL to have you tune my car.
there are MUCH better people than me, lol. My timing maps are very conservative right now and i should gain a good amount of overall power once i actually get a chance to tune my car. A buddy of mine made a tool that you can use to listen for detonation while your tuning timing, so its a pretty nifty gadget. Its basically a magnetized stethescope with two tubes running to the ear pieces.

I've got alot of crap going down right now. Someone broke into my checking account and pretty muich wiped it out. I'm guranteed the money back, but i wont get it back until the case is settled. So i'm stuck with literally 0 of my "own" money (parents helped me). luckily i had already paid for my ITB's, lol.

i need to buy a wideband ($280) and a tuning laptop ($160) in order to finally tune my car completely. Unless my buddy will unhook his wideband from his car and let me use it. He prolly wont because its completely wired into his ecu. He has it together using connectors so it would just take awhile to take off and put back on.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
^^ i was just being a wiseass cause of the thread with this same video that said you've got 268 whp. i was like damn blake can really tune that I/H/E:turn:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
It's all about the tune :tongue2:

Oh, and Blake..I guarantee you have a low 14 IF NOT high 13 second car. I know we didn't get a dig run all the way, but from the roll it's obvious you have the power advantage. If you can get your two-step down for street and track, you're home-bound. I know for a fact that I am low low 14's ( although obviosly it's different on the street ), and you definately pull.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts