Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my story is im getting a huge check from a car crash and i have a few option but idk

i can either make my lude a 91 Si4ws pretty quick; H22boost. or a super clean DD wit a/c p/s etc.

or i can build the crap out of my 96 hatch or make that my dd idk im very lsot on which car i want 2 drive daily. im really leaning towards the lude.

my other option is to get a newer car and sell my ek hatch and build the lude. both cars need work to be either a DD or weekend beast

If this should be in general please move.

Status of cars now
1. Lude=leaking burning b21, no a/c or p/s (both stopped working so i jus removed them)
2. civic= stock d16y7 needs interior b/c previous owner gutted it, they also removed p/s and a/c

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
ill go for the lude. swap another engine maybe a b20a on a dd boost (if thats even possible, for reliability), kept super clean, some sick wheels, a little lowered (ksports maybe?), nice audio setup (recommend 10w7), remove all body rust, fresh paint, oh and 4ws if she doesnt have one

then build the shit out of another car

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
he does he mentions it and the 2nd post as well. h22 w/ boost imo

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
he has 4ws i forgot to add that in the beggining of my comment lol

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would build the lude if it was me but i also dont like civics there just to meny of them out there imo

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
your on pp.com duh besides there is NOTHING NEW THAT CAN BE DONE TO CIVICS THAT ALREADY HASN"T BEEN DONE.....
too true..
makes it a tough choice.
depends on how much work you feel like doing.
cuz finding all the interior pieces and putting them in the civic would probably be more trouble then its worth.
unless you dont mind having it stripped for a daily?
plus, civics are lighter.. so thats a pro for the track.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's not even a question,LUDE FTW.I live in Casselberry which is right next door to you and you know as well as i that finding a 3g lude around here is rare but civics are like roaches.That's one of the reasons i got rid of my civic,(BEEN THERE DONE THAT)too many clones out there sporting the same look.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Build the Lude, ditch the civic and find another DD. With all of your options with used cars to choice from, see what else you can afford. You might be able to another ride that has some better options than what you already have.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
If you've got to spend it on a car, spend it on the prelude.

Better idea: Put it in an IRA and be able to retire when you're old instead of working till you die.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
oh yeah, i forgot the third option.
sell the hatch.
buy a new daily.
maybe a nice coupe si?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
why didnt you wanna say that?
lol
you should definitely make that into the track car then..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
well, with all that stuff missing, it makes the car even lighter!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts