Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to seperate the glass lense from the metal housing? Ie. stick it in the oven for a bit then pry them apart or something? One of my fogs is all rusted out, and I want to see if I can fix it for cheap.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i wouldnt know that but ...i have a question for mine too , ( dont wanna start another thread)
how do u replace the bulbs i cant find any anywhere for sale in my area and at the dealer they told me they only sell the whole fog light housing with the bulb inside. wtf??

·
Registered
750 Posts
i dont have fog lights so i dont know about this, is the lens plastic or glass. cause if they are plastic then the oven should work. but the plastic might melt. the glass has a siliconer that would probibly be too strong for the oven to really weaken. I also think getting a used one might be your best bet. look on ebay or the scrap yard.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It's easy to change the bulbs. There should be four screws (i think) Holding in each light. There are small cutouts in the bumber to reach them with a phillips screwdriver. The bulbs themselve are H3 and the pull right out of the back of the fog light. Any auto parts store has them and there fairly cheap, $5-10. You can get them in different shades too. And i think the lens is some sort of plastic. Oh yeah, almost forgot. You have to remove your turn signals to get to two of the screws.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Blackludesi said:
It's easy to change the bulbs. There should be four screws (i think) Holding in each light. There are small cutouts in the bumber to reach them with a phillips screwdriver. The bulbs themselve are H3 and the pull right out of the back of the fog light. Any auto parts store has them and there fairly cheap, $5-10. You can get them in different shades too. And i think the lens is some sort of plastic. Oh yeah, almost forgot. You have to remove your turn signals to get to two of the screws.
Are you talking about the fog lights in a 1989 prelude or some other year ?

·
Registered
645 Posts
No, i was talking 90-91 for scyclone. it says he has a 91

·
Registered
645 Posts
Give me like 10 minutes, i have a haynes manual and i'll look it up

·
Registered
196 Posts
Blackludesi said:
Give me like 10 minutes, i have a haynes manual and i'll look it up
I have a Haynes in my hand it goes from 79 to 89 and is not any help for taking the fog light bulbs out to replace them. maybe that is why the dealer sels them as a whole unit? Worst case senario is I cut the wires and put them back together, but I think there must be an easier way.

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah your right, i have the same manual and it doesn't even cover the fogs. WTF?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Blackludesi said:
i dissasembled mine when i took off my bumer to do my intake.
and pulled the bulbs out of the housing and tried to pull out the bulb itself out of its own little holding place, and tore the shit out of it now my left one doesnt work at all. i alredy put the bumper all back up, i hate the thought of haiving to take the bumber off again
i dont see how u can take those off without pulling the bumper off

·
Registered
645 Posts
Do you want pics? i'll get them for you

·
Registered
196 Posts
team123luder said:
Might be because they are an option..... Didn't some 88-89's come with optional yellow fogs????
Not sure if mine were optional or not I am not the original owner, but it was the show room car from the Honda dealer. Mine are yellow, but that doesn't help me get the bulb out :)

Blackludesi said:
Do you want pics? i'll get them for you
Sure send pics to [email protected]

·
Registered
645 Posts
On there way. It's for 90-91

·
Registered
645 Posts
give me a minutehttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/matteo83/cid_zh3ZmiyQU1.jpg

okay, the turn signal in the first pic has one screw on it. remove that and the lamp will come out. You then have access to two screws holding in the fog light.

Pic #2
If you look at the bumper you can see small holes. These are to access the other screws that hold in the fog lights. there are three holes. The middle is to adjust the light. Don't bother with that one, just remove the top and bottom screws.

·
Registered
840 Posts
yup did all that back when i found out my bulb was out , but couldnt pull the bitches out ..they wont BUDGE

1 - 20 of 29 Posts