Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

How would a nighthawk black pearl Base prelude look with just a front lip?
I know my sides aren't painted like an SH's =( I'm just scared it might look "unbalanced" from the side view.. but i also know some cars can rock just fronts like the s2K..

I've searched and been reading about lipkits etc.. can't find much on this topic though. Does anyone have pictures of this? i.e. oem, type s, i think the wings west lip is too extreme, etc

i've been splurgin money on my lude... past week spent 500 on new brakes, got jdm rep fogs, the yellow lamin-x, 8qts honda atf z1(to do 3xIn a day).. I want to lower my car but i can only afford springs thinkin about ridin stock shocks( is it really that bad ridin on blown shocks?).... but thats offtopic lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, cause i had some spare cash to go ahead and get the front but not the rest, but i decided it would be best to just wait and get the whole set, especially considering the bottom line of the car would be uneven which would just kill me. So i say no for that reason, i like the lines being as even as possible I vote save the money, and stick more with it for the whole kit

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You'll honestly probably be satisfied if you paint the stock side and rear pieces when you paint the front lip. I had this done on my first Prelude and it grew on me very well and the car looked awesome.

Thing is though, if you bought an OEM lip kit and decided to get rid of the car, you can get most of your money back because the OEM lip kits hold their value pretty well as long as they're not destroyed or broken, and you could just take it off and sell it seperately. You definitely can't take your stock pieces off lol... I say just get the entire lip kit, and think of it as a hotness deposit you can get back if you really want to. You'd only really lose out on matching the paint if that needed to be done.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doesnt the OEM front lip sort of flare out too much to just use with the base's skirts? the type S one is a bit smaller and flows smoother right?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Here's some old pics of my car....

I got my stock sides and rear painted to match the car,
and now I'm lookin for a Type S lip...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yeah I do... hold up lemme look for them

EDIT: Here... this is old as hell, I haven't updated it in over a year.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493916

it'll have that set of pictures on it.

And I know the last part says lambo doors, that was a JOKE.
So don't start doggin me for that... lol Although I was
serious about the neons back then. Ugh. So glad I didn't.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's some old pics of my car....

I got my stock sides and rear painted to match the car,
and now I'm lookin for a Type S lip...
ah i see now.. thanks for the pics... but i think spending money to paint the side skirts alone .. could might as well go towards the side and rear lips lol...

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

here ya go dude - im on only front lip
hey is that the Type S front lip? It flows kinda smooth ...hm looks like i can SORT OF rock the front lip and leave the others stock...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
ah i see now.. thanks for the pics... but i think spending money to paint the side skirts alone .. could might as well go towards the side and rear lips lol...

Yeah, I have a buddy who works in the paint shop downtown.
So, It cost me $80 for the sides, rear piece and whole rear bumper.
(someone rearended me crushed my tail light and effed up my bumper)

So... I got a deal haha

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm rockin the front OEM only. Also, check me out, I just got Ground Controls. I'm lowered at a 2 finger gap all around. Thinking about going to 1 finger gap.

I'd like to get either OEM sides and rear, or Mugen replica sides and rear (I'd like the mugen rears to hide some of that big-ass Greddy muffler from the side-view), but I can't afford it right now. My OEM front lip was the first thing I bought for my Lude, 3 years ago. I like it alot. The lude is a little plain looking without some sort of front lip.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hey LudeActs, I got some NHBP Mugen Side replica's sitting in my garage.
I was gonna do the OEM front mugen sides and rear, but I decided on Type S
painted stocks and rear.

They're takin up space, need to get rid of em. hit me up if you're interested lol

·
Officially Retro'd
485 Posts
I really want to like this setup, because I love the OEM front lip, but I'm not a big fan of the sides, and I hate the rear. I thought about painting my Base sides and rear, then adding the front lip - just like what's being discussed here.

That said... I'm just not sold yet. Something about it just doesn't look quite right to me...

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
this is the exact same setup im going with, oem front with painted sides and rears. and some black rota slips on my flamenco lude.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts