Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cel came on saying my egr was bad, went to the shop got it fixed, passed emmisions, and the cel is still on, reset my ecu... still ON... it still throws a code 12 = EGR.
WTF do i do???

PLZ HELP ITS SO ANNOYING!!!!!

thanks...lol

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
did you pull the clock fuse for 10 seconds? maybe the intake chamber is clogged

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If you paid a shop to have it repaired.. and its not repaired.. take it back.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
yeah they may have fixed it but if they say removed the ecu fuse instead of the clock fuse that wouldn't clear the code. I say pop the cover off the underhood fuse box and pull the clock fuse for a good 15 secs. also look below the distributor and see if you have a nice shiny new egr valve.

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
If you paid a shop to have it repaired.. and its not repaired.. take it back.
yeah they may have fixed it but if they say removed the ecu fuse instead of the clock fuse that wouldn't clear the code. I say pop the cover off the underhood fuse box and pull the clock fuse for a good 15 secs. also look below the distributor and see if you have a nice shiny new egr valve.
I think both above posts are accurate.

·
Registered
823 Posts
my cel came on saying my egr was bad, went to the shop got it fixed, passed emmisions, and the cel is still on, reset my ecu... still ON... it still throws a code 12 = EGR.
WTF do i do???

PLZ HELP ITS SO ANNOYING!!!!!

thanks...lol
Good to see this forum still plugging along, I have not posted on here for many years but like to pop in once in a while......heres a great post on EGR issues on 3G ludes from long ago...You were probably around 10 years old then....http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182429&highlight=egr

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
so i looked at the posting you linked, and i was not ten...
i was 14 thank you....lol

its all good, i know im young and dumb...
so did you do what I asked? did it get rid of the code? enquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry it took so long to reply, after i got it fixed i forgot to update...lolz
the egr is working great and its all good, but im still getting the code on my ecu, so i gathered that the egr sensor is bad... so i said F it untill i get around to replacing the sensor.

·
Registered
302 Posts
So are you getting the shop to still fix the work they messed up on? They obviously didn't do the right job and misdiagnosed the problem. You paid for them to do it right?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So are you getting the shop to still fix the work they messed up on? They obviously didn't do the right job and misdiagnosed the problem. You paid for them to do it right?
i know im reving a dead post, but to get my egr to work no i didnt have to pay. they did it for free cuz this shop is the shiznit...lol

im still getting the code but the egr is working fine cuz i passed smog testing. so like i said before F the sencer, i have gotten so used the the cel on that i dont even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if you are getting a code 12 it could also be the egr solenoid inside the vacuum box

·
Registered
789 Posts
do what cuda says my boy. just do it. i feel the force getting strong of hatered on his 1. do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts