1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on putting in basically an entire Crower top end

Crower Stage 2 NA Cams
Crower Springs, retainers, and valves

and before i opened this bad boy up, other than general research and knowledge, is there any special tools (other than a spring compressor) that im gonna need, or any other parts im gonna need for the installation of all those.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
if your doing valves your gonna have to pull the head.

·
Registered
881 Posts
As long as you have the head off timing belt/balancer/water pump, cam seals, cam plug, valve seals, intake and exhaust gaskets, might as well do egr cleaning while you have the intake off so you need egr plugs also. Have the head machined.

Edit: Torque wrench is mandatory. You can pull the head no problem with the engine in.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Don't you need a 3 angle valve job with crower or any aftermarket valve?!? You should also have the port and polished. There's not point in throwing the other stuff in without. Get the maximum out out of it. Have you done your timing belt yet? If not you might as well buy all the stuff for that also and do it..Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
head must come off. not anything special needed you shouldn't already have. just the valve spring compressor

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can even service the piston rings with the block still in the car too. if you're gonna pull the head you might as well do what others above this post suggested. if the head is coming off i'd check clearances on your cylinder walls and pistons and piston rings. if everything checks out then cool. if rings need to be replaced you might as well do it when the head is off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts