Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i so i recently sold my car and made some money now i wanna do a few things to the lude. I would like to buy springs clutch and flywheel.

I am thinking either tein but i really want to see other brands drops and how they look i know i have asked before but i will be ordering them very soon so i want to make sure i am making the correct decision it is certainly not often i have money to put in my car. Also i need all recommendations on clutches and flywheels as well as where i can buy them cheap

All help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I would say to go with an Exedy Clutch, and a Fidanza 11lb flywheel.
Thats what im gonna be doing once spring rolls around.
As far as springs/shocks go, I have KYB GR2's (upgrading soon) and Neuspeed sport springs. They give a 1.8" Drop up front, and a 1.5" drop in back.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the gr-2's shitty??? i will look into the springs thats the drop i want how does it handle???

·
Registered
841 Posts
It handles pretty good, but the GR2's are just a stock replacement strut.
Im hoping to go either with KYB AGX, or some Tokico Blues.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice yeah i want to go with the agx's as well but they are pretty pricey

·
Registered
841 Posts
nice yeah i want to go with the agx's as well but they are pretty pricey
Thats why I was looking at Tokico blues.
Ive heard nothing bad about them, and they're not to bad of a price either.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i am thinkin about handr race springs but what about clutch and flywheel???

I need atleast a stage2...

·
Registered
786 Posts
i've been using H&R springs for years. 3 preludes, and 1 integra. no complaints, perfect everytime. Had 2 preludes with H&R race springs, and 1 Prelude w/ H&R sports. I love the race springs the most and def. recommend either of them.

As far as clutch/flywheel goes. Comp Clutch for both.

Exedy clutches are really nice as well, i put a Stage 1 in my integra, and put an OEM replacement in my first lude, no problems. Exedy flywheels for the prelude are WAAAAY overpriced, so i wouldnt even look at them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
oh, and as far as struts are concerned. dont get tokico blues or GR-2's they wont last on a lowered car. they are stock replacements, im in the process of switching my GR-2s with illumina's. I had AGX's before and they didnt last me 6 months before i blew them both out.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
illuminas are not being made anymore from what i hear??? also i live in somewhat a hick town...big driveways... how bad will i scrape on h&r's???

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also are h23 and h22 clutches the same???

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok... i found a stage 4 competition clutch for 380 something shipped but no fly wheel any word on this clutch??? Still need info on shocks too

Again thanks for all the info guys

·
Registered
786 Posts
if you are worried about bottoming out, get H&R sports. decent drop, looks real nice, handles/rides well too.

i dont bottom out using my race's, but im used to driving a lowered car and take everything at an angle and never bottom out.

didnt hear about illuminas going away. dunno bout that.

nopi.com has the best prices as far as comp clutch goes. around $500 for clutch and flywheel?? depends on which stage you pick too i guess. stage 3 is about all you'd need. if you're boostin id consider a stage 4.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Is it your daily driver? Anything more than I/H/E?

I probably wouldn't go more than stage 3. And if you do get a stage 3, get a sprung one that is the disc type. (Not a puck style or whatever)

I liked the stage 3 even with just ihe, but it got to be a bitch in thicker traffic. You can't really stay in first gear under 2 grand or the car shutters.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so i just ordere tociko agx shocks, h&r race springs a competition stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Tokico doesn't make agx.. I think KYB does.

But, I think you'll be happy with that clutch. 11-12 lb. flywheel hopefully?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts