Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran off the road and put a hole in my oil pan. Anyone used a oil pan off rock auto? Also I see they sell full gaskets. Better than honda bond and the half moon? I need this fixed in a couple days.

Ultra power is $76
skp for $80
spectra is $106

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Cast pans use the moon seal and hondabond, steel pans use a gasket.

I have no experience with pans from rockauto, but they are a vendor on here so you may get a discount. For how cheap they are, in a pinch give it a shot. Just compare overall pan depth for the pickup

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That makes sense on the gaskets. I didn't know they even had steel pans on the h22. I did see some aftermarket.

Thanks for the tip on the discount code

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Steel pans were on the h23a vtec and other similar motors. However they used a deeper pan that requires a longer oil pickup. H22a4 were all cast and more shallow.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry I already got the Ultra Power pan. Should have the old one off tonight to compare but hopefully it's a good fit. Looks decent quality and has a stainless thread insert for the oil plug.
So much crap to remove to get at these and the rusted cat nuts put up a fight. Finally beat on a 12mm impact socket and got em off.

Really hoping I didn't kill it. Had to drive about a mile with no oil. Not seized and run the mobil 1 hm but that is a lot for a engine to go through.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heads up on the fitment of the new ultra power pan. It kinda sucks as far as the stiffener bracket goes. Had to do some resurfacing to get it to bolt back on. A few thousandths might be ok but we are talking 3/16" on the rear mount and about 1/16 on the bottom front.

Found out I need a new passenger fog light and socket also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts