Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed that there is oil on the back of the engine block on my h22. is this the head gasket or could it be something else?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The o ring on the oil filter cooler is a common failure l point. There are several write ups on how to change it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the oil is on the entire back of the engine. if you look at the picture does it look like the oil filter cooler? i hope it is haha

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't see a picture.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
^
There is absolutely no picture or link in your first post.

Upload the .JPG image to imgur.com, photobucket.com or flickr.com
They are free image hosting websites. Create an account, upload the image, copy and paste the link of the image into a new post or edit the first post with the image.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When my oil cooler ring was leaking it seemed to be coming from the back from the oil filter( or around there Atleast) it only seemed to be leaking when I first start up the car ( it would leak significantly fast ) but then the leak would stop when the car gets warmed up becuse I would check under the car right after I drive and it won't be leaking after the car was driving ( engine still on or off). It only leaked while it was getting warmed up. I took it to a mechanic And he fixed it super quick and did An oil change at the same time becuse I believe the oil filter has to come off. Hopefully this is your leak becuse it's An easy fix.

·
Bearderator
8,519 Posts
^
honestly, I can't even tell what I'm looking at in that picture. Looks like the bottom of the intake manifold? If so, that seems to be leaking right underneath it.
Maybe try snapping a photograph from underneath the car?
x2, get picture from underneath the car. That mostly looks like residue, I don't see any real trails of oil.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Your valve cover is what was leaking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts