Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm at a dead end with my trunk leaking issues. After watching the video One of my hoses was loose and I was 100% sure my problem would be solved. I put the hose back in and I still got leaks. I went to the next step and ordered the taillight gaskets, installed them and I still have my leak.

Whats the next step?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did the water pour and it only came out the front. But I looked at the tubes in the trunk and they were clear, and I've pulled out the black drain plugs in the bottom of the wheel well. So at the moment...no water.

Where do these tubes typically get clogged anyway? between the sunroof and the sides of trunk?
Did you pull the black piece that the tubes were attached to? Mine was full of debris. I also had a live bug in mine. Spray wd40 back on the black rubber piece when putting it back in, it will make your life a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm at a dead end with my trunk leaking issues. After watching the video One of my hoses was loose and I was 100% sure my problem would be solved. I put the hose back in and I still got leaks. I went to the next step and ordered the taillight gaskets, installed them and I still have my leak.

Whats the next step?
Take out the trunk side linings.
Grab a flashlight.
Take a friend to the DIY car wash.
Flip down the rear seat back.
Have him/her go into the trunk from the back seat with the flashlight.
Wash your car while they shine the flashlight in the trunk looking for the leak.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Take out the trunk side linings.
Grab a flashlight.
Take a friend to the DIY car wash.
Flip down the rear seat back.
Have him/her go into the trunk from the back seat with the flashlight.
Wash your car while they shine the flashlight in the trunk looking for the leak.
or save time and money by just spraying down your car with a hose while you or a friend inspects in the inside.

·
Registered
165 Posts
the rear drain tubes do not get clogged in the clear tube part. instead, what gets clogged are the small black tubes that the clear tubes get plugged in to. unplug the clear drain tubes, yank out the black tube connectors, stick a paper towel through them, and watch as the dirt and crud comes out on the other side. the problem has to do with the fact that the black things are pinched down and they have a tendency to get clogged. as noted above, getting them to go back in can be a pretty big hassle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Still Leaking! Not from the trunk! Help!

Nice video. I replaced the taillight gaskets (only 12$ each from Honda). I unplugged the sunroof hoses and declogged them. I cut the black L shaped piece that plugs into the car so there was more opening for water to flow. I got them back in after some twisting and turning. Put the clear tube back in and took some zip ties and tightened it really good. Then sealed the place there the clear tube goes into the black tube with Marine sealant. Took out my back seat. Foam was black molded and looked awful. Put a large box of baking soda all over the back foam, literally caked it on. Put it in the sun for two days and brushed off the baking soda. Most of the black mildew is gone now. Rained like hell last night and I put my backseat as well as everything from my trunk inside the house. Looked in the trunk and saw small amounts of water still leaking from my tail lights. No water in the trunk besides that. It might have been a couple ounces of water on each side. No water in the back seat area. So I think the problem is mostly fixed, right. I am driving home from work and hit a corner turning right pretty fast. All of a sudden i hear SWISHHHHHH I look into my back seat area and there is literally 3 inches of water in the passenger side and two inches on the driver side. my question is….WHERE COULD THIS WATER HAVE CAME FROM IF IT WAS NOT IN THE TRUNK? My car was hit in the back before I bought it. The trunk hood/lid was not damaged, but they had to put a new bumper on it and do a little body work on the back quarter panels and hammer out the trunk. I have no idea where that amount of water came from. Under the trunk somewhere? Anyone got any ideas where it is collecting?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts