Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured since there are so many posts about it that i would make a video showing everything that has been discussed about water leaking. Granted i dont show how to unclog drain tubes, since i didnt have to. But im sure most educated people can figure out how to once you know where to look. Maybe we can make this a sticky somewhere? Hope it helps out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVKOw2MME8

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
Repped (even though I don't have the problem and never have), and thrown into the resource thread.

Congrats,
Mike (H4L)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks alot man!! I have a question though, how do u remove the carpet wall thingy in the trunk? I got it pulled out up to the point where the car jack sits on both sides and i cant pull it out any further than that.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot man!! I have a question though, how do u remove the carpet wall thingy in the trunk? I got it pulled out up to the point where the car jack sits on both sides and i cant pull it out any further than that.
there are 3 tabs on each wall, the 3rd is hard to see and get to. its in the very rear almost up against the fold down seat. if you're short like me you will almost have to climb in the trunk to get good leverage to pull it out

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
repped! Great informative video, it's gonna help me out that's for sure. The drain tubes are so much easier to get to in a 5th gen than a 4th gen though... jealous.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
"until u sit on it... and soak ur butt". HAHAHA hillarious!

U SIR just got repped, for making this most excellent vid!
what i didnt know was the drain lines in the front and back, awsome man!
damn we should have a section for video tutorials here at PP. so much easier that way.

·
Brewski Turbo King
1,844 Posts
"until u sit on it... and soak ur butt". HAHAHA hillarious!

U SIR just got repped, for making this most excellent vid!
what i didnt know was the drain lines in the front and back, awsome man!
damn we should have a section for video tutorials here at PP. so much easier that way.
yeah dude thats actually an awesome idea, should talk to dave about that.. a video DIY section or tutorial section.. state of the art WIN right there

·
BBS Goodness
798 Posts
Lol @ big ass cup of water.

This is also almost exactly the same in 4th gens so this would be useful to both 4th and 5th genners.

Great video man, you got rep

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the video. Did the water test and found out my rear drain tubes are clogged. Took the seats out to dry them out and removed the drain plugs in the trunk. Have to replace my taillight gaskets also. Finally, no more wet seats.

·
Registered
119 Posts
is there a way to fix the seals instead of buying new seals.something like silicone?or something onlong those lines.possibly door sealeant from home depot?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I did the water pour and it only came out the front. But I looked at the tubes in the trunk and they were clear, and I've pulled out the black drain plugs in the bottom of the wheel well. So at the moment...no water.

Where do these tubes typically get clogged anyway? between the sunroof and the sides of trunk?

·
Registered
419 Posts
thanks, this helped alot. when i first bought my lude its got a big ass puddle in the trunk i jus have the drain plug open right now. i was wondering if you can point out which is the gasket. i think its no.5 on this picture but that doesn't look right.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/online/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=16&productID=6&yearID=17&doorID=1&gradeID=21&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=5&idAndImageID=2487 455846&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Taillight

·
Registered
518 Posts
thanks, this helped alot. when i first bought my lude its got a big ass puddle in the trunk i jus have the drain plug open right now. i was wondering if you can point out which is the gasket. i think its no.5 on this picture but that doesn't look right.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/online/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=16&productID=6&yearID=17&doorID=1&gradeID=21&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=5&idAndImageID=2487 455846&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Taillight
it is. it's nr 5.

i made my own out of technical rubber. spent 2$ and it works just as the new OEM one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts