Honda Prelude Forum banner

401 - 420 of 455 Posts

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Any updates on the progress of the lights? I PM'd brian about 5 days ago but he hasn't answered back, so I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten any updates on the status of their lights, I know brian has a good rep but since i've sent my money I havnt gotten any word on them so i just want to know if anyone else has spoken to him latley?

Sorry for such a late response, but I've just sent you a PM :) And sorry to everyone else for the late replies.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Well, I've pretty much have finished all the lights from my Group Buy sale which was a great success once again just like my first one. I do still have a couple of people needing to finish on their payment plan though so that they can soon enjoy the powers of a retrofit

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,420 Posts
hey guys i need some help, the harness i got is a bit diffrent from the ones posted. what plugs go where? coming from the relay, i see the pos+ and neg- that go to the battery, but beside that i have two connectors, that i assume go to the ballast but they don't match up. the ballast dosn't have any connecters so i guss i should just cut off the conecters and solder the wires to the ballast, if i do this witch wires go to witch, on the connecter it's blue/black and on the ballast it's yellow/brown. And then i have a black and white wire, i assume these go to the stock low beam connector on the car, befor i hook these up ther is no polarity on them correct? on the harness it's white/black, but on the car's connecter their same colors.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
hey guys i need some help, the harness i got is a bit diffrent from the ones posted. what plugs go where? coming from the relay, i see the pos+ and neg- that go to the battery, but beside that i have two connectors, that i assume go to the ballast but they don't match up. And then i have a black and white wire, i assume these go to the stock low beam connector on the car?

The black and white wire will go to your stock harness. As for the other ends that connect to the ballast, you can cut those connectors off, add some spade connectors, and connect them right to the ballast. The blue wire will connect to the yellow(+) wire on the ballast and the black will go to the brown(-) wire on the ballast

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,420 Posts
The black and white wire will go to your stock harness. As for the other ends that connect to the ballast, you can cut those connectors off, add some spade connectors, and connect them right to the ballast. The blue wire will connect to the yellow(+) wire on the ballast and the black will go to the brown(-) wire on the ballast
thank you. that should be all i need.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #409

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #411

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,420 Posts
i got them all setup, i put the ballasts and ran the majority of the wiring through the fenders. (no getto zip ties for me!)

passenger side ballast inside of fender

passenger side headlight

relay

wire from relay to driverside ballast runing under fuse box, just remove the fuse box bolt and there will be enoph room to slide it under.

wire to deriver side ballast runing along firewall

relay to driverside ballast wire going though stock wiring hole

relay to driverside ballast wire

relay to driverside ballast wire

driver side ballast

driver side headlight

wiring overview

fenders on, completly cover ballast.

looking good!

*edit, i found out the hard way, make sure you still have your front fender liners if you mount your ballasts here; or else do not drive in the rain.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Too bad I missed the sale. How much now for the TSX setup?
$800+shipping and that includes all the parts(bulbs, ballast, projectors, labor) I would just need your lights

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Holy crap Sean, that's a great write-up for anyone needing to know how to hook up their PnP harness and where to place their ballast. That should be saved as a sticky

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,420 Posts
thanks for the feed back guys, normally the relay will look a tiny bit better 'cause the battery will be right there, and the airbox/cai/sri will be kinda covering it up. only thing i might do differently later on is extend the wires a tiny bit more and place the relay in the fender too.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
thanks for the feed back guys, normally the relay will look a tiny bit better 'cause the battery will be right next to it kinda covering it up. only thing i might do differently later on is extend the wires a tiny bit more and place the relay in the fender too.
holy crap poet talk about attention to detail......very nice

401 - 420 of 455 Posts