Honda Prelude Forum banner

481 - 490 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts

I just brought these RX350 projection headlights home from work yesterday. The headlights are made by Depo as you can see in the pics I snapped. The Lexus GX 470(1stgen) have foggies w/projectors that I want to retrofit into my Lude foggies. I'm going to retrofit the RX350 projectors into a new pair of Depo oem style lenses with black housing around the reflectors. I've heard that the RX350 projectors work well with our headlight housings. Any opinions/suggestions/thoughts/ect...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Experienced retrofitters?
Especially those that have done fx-r

Would it be possible to fit
fx-r 3.0
With the 3 inch lens?
With standard e46-r shrouds
I like the look of a bigger lens like this here:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316855

The 3 inches are a little longer than the 2.5's (pics attached)

(I'm only worried about the e46 shroud hitting the headlight lens since the projector would stick out more when mounting it)

Here is a direct comparison

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there anyway to fix the rotational alignment once the projectors have been bolted in?
Had a set done a long time ago and just recently i decided to take the headlights out of the
car and fix them.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Experienced retrofitters?
Especially those that have done fx-r

Would it be possible to fit
fx-r 3.0
With the 3 inch lens?
With standard e46-r shrouds
I like the look of a bigger lens like this here:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316855

The 3 inches are a little longer than the 2.5's (pics attached)

(I'm only worried about the e46 shroud hitting the headlight lens since the projector would stick out more when mounting it)

Here is a direct comparison
If you cut off the FX-R mounting bracket and drill out the 4 screw holes that hold the projector together and use those 4 holes as mounting holes the projector sits deep enough that it should work ok with E46R shrouds. When I do FX-R 2.5" with E46R shrouds mounted like that I have almost 1/2" of clearance from shroud to headlight lens. So you would be tight with 3" but should work if you mount the projectors very low in the upper reflector.

Is there anyway to fix the rotational alignment once the projectors have been bolted in?
Had a set done a long time ago and just recently i decided to take the headlights out of the
car and fix them.
Some projectors have shields that can be adjusted slightly (TSX is easiest) while FX-R you can actually bend the shield stop slightly to adjust the rotation but it's very difficult to do without taking apart the housing again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tranny problems

ihave a 1991 base lude and my manual transmission came out in looking for advice on how to improve my transmission b4 I start throwing money in

·
Registered
1 Posts
BB6 with CG3 front end?

Hi! I don't particularly like the headlights of the stock BB6 Prelude, is it possible for someone to point out the flaws (including fender length) and perhaps photoshop this? Thanks!

481 - 490 of 490 Posts